Seriously dry skin and hard water. Suggestions??

Okay, the town we live in has horribly hard water. We put a filter on the shower head but it didn't help. My skin (especially lower legs) are looking like a dry desert (with the dry scale look and ashy). I've tried the shower lotion, jergens, Bath & Body works lotions, Tree Hut lotions, Merlot lotions, Nutregena lotions, body oils and almost anything else you can buy at Walmart, Walgreens, the grocery store and bath stores...... nothing is keeping me hydrated or more than a couple of hours..... Please, is there a product that really works for this? I drink water, use the water softener and use lotions like they are going out of style. At this point I don't care what it costs, I'm tired of throwing good money away on lotions that don't work.

PaceMyself

Asked by PaceMyself at 7:45 AM on Apr. 6, 2009 in Health

• A relative gets her water from a well and its really bad. She has super hard water. Its so bad that you can barely get suds when you use soap. When she first got there 20 some yrs ago, we made coffee and when we put the milk in to our cups, it curdled. So weird. They finally got some kind of water softener that helps a little. Go to your local Home Depot or Lowes and tell them your problem...it should be pretty common in the area.
    We both shop from a wellness store. They have the best personal care. Her skin and hair is beautiful. And its made for hard water users.
    Eat foods good for your skin.(fruits and veggies)..and continue to drink lots of water like you said.
    I hope it gets better soon.
    Momforhealth

Answer by Momforhealth at 10:02 AM on Apr. 6, 2009

• We have the same problem here, we're looking into a water softener, not only does it help skin, hair etc. But it's better for your appliances as well.... Now it's figuring out the best water softener,grrr
    4x4mum

Answer by 4x4mum at 8:50 AM on Apr. 6, 2009