WE are due with Number 2 in October.. we have girls name .. i LOVE Koda for a boy but i cant convince my SO on it.. how do i talk him into it?

he picked our sons name.. so i get more say in this one, but i still want him to agree it IS his child.. I lveo Dakota but it is super common.. Koda is a less popular vairoationa dn we both have Native roots and it means "friend" in souix... any adivce on how to comvince him?

JrsMommy07

Asked by JrsMommy07 at 8:08 AM on Apr. 6, 2009 in Pregnancy

• You tell him like I told mine" when you push one out,you can name it! "lol.I have a neice named Dakoda,it is a very pretty name.Good Luck,and congradulations
    Val504

Answer by Val504 at 8:14 AM on Apr. 6, 2009

• HAVE THEM ON NOVEMBER 4! THATS BIRTHDAY ..LOL...IM WITH VAL ALSO
    diamondmamma

Answer by diamondmamma at 8:19 AM on Apr. 6, 2009

• Well, names are one of those things you either love or hate. You can't usually change someone's mind on it. Try to think up something else that you both like.
    Marwill

Answer by Marwill at 8:23 AM on Apr. 6, 2009

• MY BIRTHDAY
    diamondmamma

Answer by diamondmamma at 8:24 AM on Apr. 6, 2009

• No, I dont' have any tips. Find another boys name that you BOTH agree on. I really wanted Sydney for a girl, I just LOVED that name, but hub HATED it lol.
    Zakysmommy

Answer by Zakysmommy at 10:33 AM on Apr. 6, 2009

• I have a friend who is part indian and named her son Takoda and of course we call him koda--i like that name!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:09 AM on Apr. 6, 2009

• I don't like the name, sounds like a dog, a stripper, or a porn star name. Do not choose a name your spouse adamantly opposes, you're asking for a lifetime of annoyance, marriage is hard enough as it is. Get a dog and name it Koda, and choose your baby's name more wisely....think "does this name command respect, or does it conjure up thoughts of dogs and porn stars?"

BTW - the fact that "Spell Check" picks it up as a misspelled word should tell you something.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:31 AM on Apr. 6, 2009

• Anon spell check picks up my name as well.... Jamila
    diamondmamma

Answer by diamondmamma at 11:58 AM on Apr. 6, 2009