Does the size of your belly mean anything?

Hubby and I were talking about this last night, guessing on the size of our baby by my belly size. Granted I'm only 30 wks, so I have a ways to go yet. I'm not huge by any means, but big enough to tell that I'm towards the end. My belly is measuring a wk ahead. But I tried telling him that I didn't think it matters, cuz his sister was pretty small right at the end, and still had a 7 lb baby. Just want to see what your thoughts are.

Tiffany237

Asked by Tiffany237 at 8:20 AM on Apr. 6, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I dont think it matters at all, I think it just depends on the person themselves; some start showing at 3 months when others dont show till 6 months
    Breezy1988

Answer by Breezy1988 at 8:21 AM on Apr. 6, 2009

• Doesn't matter. The measuring a week a head is the measurement of your fundal height, the top of your uterus. It doesn't mean much. If it's TOO far a head, or behind it *could* mean to much, or too little fluid, but those conditions aren't common. :)

Belly appearance on the outside doesn't mean anything at all haha. My friend amanda is tiny, and she didn't get gigantic, and she had an 8 lb baby.
    celticreverie

Answer by celticreverie at 8:37 AM on Apr. 6, 2009

• It doesn't mean too much. I would measure a week ahead or a week behind depending on how the baby is laying or stretching.
    reflect1light

Answer by reflect1light at 8:45 AM on Apr. 6, 2009

• No difference at all. I could have hid my pregnancy if I wanted. Just put me in a sweatshirt and no one would know. I had a 7lb 8 oz, 19in long baby.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 10:10 AM on Apr. 6, 2009

• nah it doesn't really mean anything. Some women carry the babes up front, that can cause a big belly, also weight gain has alot to do with it.
    Zakysmommy

Answer by Zakysmommy at 10:36 AM on Apr. 6, 2009