How do I get this smell out of my carpet?

There was a leak and my carpet got wet. Do you ladies know of anything I can use to get this smell out>

diamondmamma

Asked by diamondmamma at 8:24 AM on Apr. 6, 2009 in Home & Garden

• That is the ickiest smell! At Sam's there is this product called Odo-ban. It works for everything. It kills mold, bacteria, all kinds of stuff! It even has directions for getting odors out of pretty much anything.. from carpet, bedding, furniture, laundry, to disinfecting your home. It has tons of uses and is relatively inexpensive. It has a eucalyptus smell (some people don't like it but its not horrible) and I havent found anything yet it didn't take the smell out of. Hope it works! good luck.

Tzutchka

Answer by Tzutchka at 8:39 AM on Apr. 6, 2009

• Try cleaning it good with a carpet shampooer,and then put plain water and Downy in the cleaner.then put baking soda on it and leave it for a while then vacuum. If ya need help,I'll be by .lol
    Val504

Answer by Val504 at 8:42 AM on Apr. 6, 2009

• Ill have breakfast ready val!
    diamondmamma

Answer by diamondmamma at 8:47 AM on Apr. 6, 2009

• tzutcjka could I get that at walmart as well? It is part of sam's I suppose
    diamondmamma

Answer by diamondmamma at 8:48 AM on Apr. 6, 2009

• Sorry I didnt answer back to your question yesterday (the one about the odo-ban) I honestly dont know if you can get it at Walmart.. but you can go online and get a guest pass if you dont have a Sams membership.. This will allow you to get in for a day and you can pick some up.. they sell it in a big bottle that comes with a pre mixed spray bottle (mixed to the disinfect concentration) and the big bottle lasts a reallllly long time.The bottle is like ten bucks so its not crazy expensive either. Hope you get that smell out.. If it is molding the odo-ban will kill that. (thats why I like it so much) and you can even put it in the steam vac and clean the carpets with the odo-ban in your mixture. Good Luck!
    Tzutchka

Answer by Tzutchka at 9:15 AM on Apr. 7, 2009

• Pour baking soda on it. Smoosh it in really good with your fingers. Let it sit for a day, then vacume it up. Baking soda soaks up smells, like it does in the fridge! Same concept.
    forevermom75

Answer by forevermom75 at 12:20 PM on Apr. 7, 2009