• In the Spotlight:

What did you do for baby's first birthday party?

My baby will be one in June. There will be mostly adults @ the party. There will be one other baby and some jr. high school kids. He was cranky @ his christening party and I was exhausted. What can I do to make it easier and keep every body happy? I am thinking about having it @ a friends community room at their apt. building, so I don't have to clean my entire house spotless like I did for the baptisum. * Any party suggestions? Thanks.

pamom222

Asked by pamom222 at 8:33 AM on Apr. 6, 2009 in Entertainment

• Have it at a friend or relative's house that he knows well. That way, he will feel comfortable there enough to nap, he won't freak out at being surrounded by a bunch of strange people in a completely strange place, and over all it would be less stress for you.
    One more quick suggestion. Instead of people bringing gifts have them bring food, cake that sort of thing. That way you won't have much to do at all and can enjoy your son's birthday :)
    YzmaRocks

Answer by YzmaRocks at 9:57 AM on Apr. 6, 2009

• We had it at our house...backyard bbq. We hired Elmo and a clown...decorated everything in Elmo theme. He loved it!! Of course the older kids had more fun that him but he kept in good spirits the entire time and still looks at the pictures to this day. he will be 6 next week.
    NJMom2Tyler

Answer by NJMom2Tyler at 11:20 AM on Apr. 6, 2009

• We didn't do a party for either girl, but we had cake and did their professional pictures, as well as gave them presents. My younger daughter just turned one on the 2nd!
    utopiaseas

Answer by utopiaseas at 11:33 AM on Apr. 6, 2009

• We did the park, it was in OCT. and it was hot last year.. He loved it, PLUS when it was time for his cake, it didnt matter if he got it everwhaere.. I just dumpd the blanket and went on...
    HottMamaRossx2

Answer by HottMamaRossx2 at 1:28 PM on Apr. 6, 2009