I hear Obama on the television... and I should go listen.... but I've lost interest.

I know it sounds bad. The man is trying (and this has nothing to do with his color, don't even try that). I've just become so disenchanted with the economy and the failed bail outs, and the CEOs filling their pockets first, and the credit crunch. I just want to hide my head in the sand for a while. Could I do that? Will you let me copy your notes when I emerge? ;-)

PaceMyself

Asked by PaceMyself at 8:36 AM on Apr. 6, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• I say try to catch up with what was said during your local 6 o'clock news. They always have highlights on world events but they don't over do it because they have to concentrate with local news and the like. I don't watch much news but if I do it's local news because it's a mix of world and local, world news is too darn depressing and even when it's something good to report about they tend to down play it. While I think it's extremely important to stay informed I think when people only hear the worst they begin to loose hope and that's scarey. Everybody needs a break now and again.

Put a cd on, or listen to the radio - I love live365.com because what ever I'm in the mood to listen to at that time I can find a station that will play what I want to hear. Right now I'm listening to salsa, it's my morning "OJ" and it's gets me excited about my vacation coming up in 27/26 days.
    Ladybugkisses76

Answer by Ladybugkisses76 at 10:10 AM on Apr. 6, 2009

• Good Lord, anon. What's the big deal. There have been huge things that he has signed that are costing a fortune. I was never enchanted by the man, but I am in the same boat of wanting to ignore everything he is saying. It's politics, it's not personal.

QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 8:54 AM on Apr. 6, 2009

• I would keep notes,for ya but,I have lost interest also,nothing to do with Obama,I just have too much on my mind.
    Val504

Answer by Val504 at 9:08 AM on Apr. 6, 2009

• I do listen. When you want to make difference in world ,you need to be part of it. One thing is not agreeing with him but there is also the other thing what we all can do,respect the President .No name calling just debate the issues.

Tristana

Answer by Tristana at 9:17 AM on Apr. 6, 2009

• My husband had to "step back" recently. He was constantly watching the news, and listening to talk radio while working, and it was really taking a toll on him. I noticed he was staying angry and down, and we sat down and discussed the fact that if constantly filling his mind with all this negativity was going to affect him that way, then perhaps he should limit the amount of time he spends on it. So now, he checks the news once a day or so, just to keep up on any major developments, and I have noticed a significant improvement in his attitude and state of mind. Sometimes it seems like there's just too much bad news and taking a break to try and enjoy your life in spite of it is a very good thing.
    vicesix

Answer by vicesix at 9:52 AM on Apr. 6, 2009

• Yah, I don't blame ya. Something about that rhetorical, monotone voice that just sends you to the kitchen for cookies or to the bathroom to do something else more important. I see why daddy left, little Barry would never shut the hell up.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:57 AM on Apr. 6, 2009

• I have to agree its time to step back because it keeps you negative. I'm not saying I agree with Obama and his Politics, in which I never will. But Obama is here until re-election and then we can just vote him out.

2 chronicles 11:4 This is what the Lord says, do not go up to fight against your brothers, go home, every one of you, for this is my doing. So they obeyed the words of the Lord and turned back from marching against Jeroboam

tyme4me2day

Answer by tyme4me2day at 10:02 AM on Apr. 6, 2009

• Yeah, well welcome to the real world. None of the rest of us who actually live in reality,and not in la-la land are interested in what he has to say,either. So, you're not alone. In fact, I finally figured out what's wrong with our "president". He has open-mouth disease!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:13 AM on Apr. 6, 2009