Best way to tone????????

I am 4'11 and weigh 107#. I am fine with my weight but my butt and thighs are getting flabby. What is the best way to get them toned? Do more weights than cardio?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:46 AM on Apr. 6, 2009 in Diet & Fitness

• Strength training is the best way.... use weights about 2 to 3 times a week... The firm is really good for toning up.
    soonmommyof3

Answer by soonmommyof3 at 8:58 AM on Apr. 6, 2009

• the elliptical machine at the gym is good for toning too :)
    josiesmommy00

Answer by josiesmommy00 at 9:11 AM on Apr. 6, 2009

• One way is to hold 5, 8 or 10 pound hand bells at your sides. Take 8-10 steps forward in lunges, continuing to hold the handbells to the side. Take 8-10 steps back the other direction, and then do one more set. You will feel the burn in your butt and thighs.

During the day, do what is called plyometrics (sp?).  This is where you tighten these particular muscles and hold for like a count of 20 or so, doing several sets.  Do these when you are brushing your teeth, standing at the sink washing dishes, drying your hair, etc.  I also stand on my toes and do this routine (for dancers legs.) 

lifeasinoit

Answer by lifeasinoit at 9:28 AM on Apr. 6, 2009

• These are just two and you can find more on Prevention online and search for videos online to see other ways when you need to do a change up. I really like to incorporate muscle confusion, which means that I change up my routines and use other machines, or weights every 3 weeks. It works. :)

lifeasinoit

• Pilates is great for toning.
    mysticwv

Answer by mysticwv at 5:14 PM on Apr. 7, 2009