Fruit Calories...

I just started a diet.. or not really a diet, but eating right, and I loove fruit.. but is it okay to eat fruit with every meal or is it fattening? Basically we're talking about bananas, apples, grapes, oranges, and pineapple.. I read online on another site that some fruits had up to 500 calories a serving?! Is that true, does anyone know? Thanks!

PeytonsMom21109

Asked by PeytonsMom21109 at 9:07 AM on Apr. 6, 2009 in Diet & Fitness

• Some fruits are simply higher in sugar which spikes insulin levels which deter weight loss. That also includes some vegetables like beets and carrots.

I'm not a fruit lover, but I like to keep a balanced food diet. That includes carrots and also apples every day for the needed fiber. BUT, right now, I'm trying to drop some needed pounds, and so I'm eating other vegetables and have left off carrots and apples and it works. I will include these back into my food list as I go along.

Not all bodies respond the same to some foods. Those that have insulin problems have to watch what particular foods they eat. Many don't and so they don't figure it out and continue to struggle with weight and even diabetes issues.

Women particularly have to watch carb levels b/c the pancreas stores these extra non-needed carbs to protect itself. These generally go to the middle of the body where the pancreas lives.
    lifeasinoit

Answer by lifeasinoit at 9:22 AM on Apr. 6, 2009

• try here it has helped me with my diet good luck I hope it helps

http://www.weightlossforall.com/calories-fruit.htm

tlc-mom

Answer by tlc-mom at 11:48 AM on Apr. 6, 2009

• I have always had good luck losing weight just by eating raw food for breakfast and lunch...that means fruits and veggies. I didn't count any calories, just if it was raw and natural I would eat it. That said, I wouldn't suggest eating ten bananas in a row followed by an apple/grape smoothie. It is still calories and you should still do all things in moderation. Eat when you are hungry, well balanced meals...but if you get hungry and need a snack and want an apple, eat the apple! Works for me (when I don't get side tracked back to my one true love...pasta).
    ErinHill226

Answer by ErinHill226 at 2:46 PM on Apr. 6, 2009