Question for Christians

When I feel nervous or worried I pray, but I was wondering what passages from the bible do you really love that give you comfort also?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:56 AM on Apr. 6, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• Psalms 91:2-"I will say of the Lord, He is my refuge and my fortress, my God in Whom I trust."
    Proverbs 18:10- "The name of the Lord is a strong tower, the righteous run to it,and are safe."
    Psalms 46:10-"Be still,and know that I am God."
    Matthew 11:28-30-"Come to me all you who are weary and burdened,and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy,and my burden is light."
    stvmen88

Answer by stvmen88 at 10:08 AM on Apr. 6, 2009

• I can do all things in Christ who gives me strength.
    I also like Romans 8:28 And we know that for those who love God, that is, for those who are called according to his purpose, all things are working together for good.
    ria7

Answer by ria7 at 10:08 AM on Apr. 6, 2009

• Come unto me, ye who are weary and overburdened, and I will give you rest. - Matthew 11:28
    God is with you in all that you do. - Genesis 21:22
    momwifelove

Answer by momwifelove at 11:30 AM on Apr. 6, 2009

• Psalm 34:4 , 2 Timothy 1:7 , Hebrews 13:5,6, Psalm 46 , Matthew 6:25-34 Philippians 4:6
    1 Peter 5:6,7, Psalm 121 , Hebrews 11, John 14:1-4 , John 16:33
    Romans 5:1-5

lynnsl

Answer by lynnsl at 11:44 AM on Apr. 6, 2009

• Also Matthew 11:28

And Psalm 23: 1-5

The Lord is my shephard, I shall not want. He makes me lie down in green pastures, he leads me beside quiet waters, he restores my soul. He guides me in paths of rightousness for His names sake.
    Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil, for you are with me; your rod and your staff, they comfort me.
    lighthousemom3

Answer by lighthousemom3 at 12:44 PM on Apr. 6, 2009

• 1Peter 4: 12-13 - Don't be surprised at the painful trail you are suffering, as though something strange were happening to you. But rejoice that you participate in the suffering of Christ, so that you may be overjoyed when His glory is revealed.

And 2 Corinthians 4:17-18 Our light and momentary troubles are achieving for us an eternal glory that far outweighs them all. So we fix our eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen. For what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal.

these are a couple that help me.. Hope they help. Praying for your comfort!

Tzutchka

Answer by Tzutchka at 12:54 PM on Apr. 6, 2009

• 2 Tim 1:7-
    For God has not given us the Spirit of Fear but of Power, Love and a Sound Mind

the SOUND MIND often being the focus when I am upset, LOL
    Kiter

Answer by Kiter at 1:11 PM on Apr. 6, 2009

• Isaiah 41.10 'Do not fear, for I am with you;
    Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God
    I will strengthen you, surely I will help you,
    Surely I will uphold you with My righteous right hand.'

eminelson

Answer by eminelson at 2:16 PM on Apr. 6, 2009

• Philippians 4:13 "I can do anything through He that strengthens me"

2 Corinthians 12:9 "And He has said to me, "My grace is sufficient for you, for power is perfected in weakness." Most gladly, therefore, I will rather boast about my weaknesses, so that the power of Christ may dwell in me"

Romans 5:6 "For when we were yet without strength, in due time Christ died for the ungodly."

Romans 8:28 "We know that all things work together for good for those who love God, to those who are called according to his purpose"

These are just a few.
    jennijune_21

Answer by jennijune_21 at 4:22 PM on Apr. 6, 2009

• Ps 91:1-16
    hdb

Answer by hdb at 4:50 PM on Apr. 6, 2009