anyone know how to banish ppd?

i cry all the time, i am scarde

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:59 AM on Apr. 6, 2009 in General Parenting

• Speak to your Ob/Gyn about it,they can offer meds,groups,and info on how to help you,ggod luck,and I am so sorry you are dealing with this.I hope you feel better soon.
    Val504

Answer by Val504 at 10:08 AM on Apr. 6, 2009

• Talk to a doctor, they can make suggestions to best fit your life style.

Something very important to remember (it took me a very long time to figure it out) is that you are not just a mom. You are a beautiful woman who deserves to love herself. Take a long shower everyday, go for a walk, do your hair and makeup, get dressed up even if you don't go out at all. I don't know your living arrangements, but is there someone who could watch the baby occasionally so you can get sometime alone. Even if its just to go grocery shopping and pay bills. Go out with friends or family, even if you bring baby with, so that you can have adult conversations.

I hope you get to feeling better.
    Crystal1124

Answer by Crystal1124 at 10:18 AM on Apr. 6, 2009

• Go talk to your doctor. Go call NOW. Believe me, it's worth it.

PPD is caused by chemical imbalances in your brain. You didn't do anything wrong. You can't fix it yourself. It won't go away without help. Think of it as a broken arm - you didn't cause it, you can't fix it, it won't heal without help. Call your general doctor or your OB NOW. Either can help you.

Both you and your baby are worth it. Call.
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 12:21 PM on Apr. 6, 2009

• Thank you ladies
    tattooedmomma23

Answer by tattooedmomma23 at 10:32 PM on Apr. 6, 2009