Not being able to sleep!

I am 14 weeks and 5 daspregnant, I was EXHAUSTEd last night, and figured that i would fall right to sleep when i went to lay down considering that i usually take a nap, and didnt have one yesterday. We were doing spring cleaning so i was reallly tired, but all night lon, i ws tossing and turning, i was sooo tired this morning and everytime that i woke up i was still tired, but coundt get back to sleep for anything! nothing was keeping me up, and i wasnt sick, but idk if im just restless or what, is this normal, or something to do with pregnancy???

StacyDeAnn

Asked by StacyDeAnn at 10:09 AM on Apr. 6, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Have you tried to relax before bed. Take a shower or a bath and just do nothing. You can take tylenol pm if you can not sleep. It is normal with pregnancy due to all the hormones and it gets worse the farther along you get. You need to start a relaxation process about an hour before you go to bed.
    brailynsmama08

Answer by brailynsmama08 at 10:11 AM on Apr. 6, 2009

• Last night before bed i def had "me time" which is not usual, and doesnt happen too often. I took a long shower, got out and dried my hair, painted my toees, went in my "dressing room" (our extra room that has all of my stuff to get ready in it) and stretched my muscles, read a book for a little bit, talked to the hubby, and put the other baby in the house to bed with no hassle, then crawled into bed. I ws not worried about anything, so idk why i would have been kept up all night, it was weird!
    StacyDeAnn

Answer by StacyDeAnn at 10:16 AM on Apr. 6, 2009

• i had the same problem when i was pregnant and i went to bath and body works and bought lavender linen spray and used the johnsons 24 hour stress relief body oil (it also has lavender) i would take a warm shower and oil myself and then spray my linens and just lay there and breathe deeply and let it relax me and eventually i would drift off. you can try it
    Kennadismom

Answer by Kennadismom at 10:41 AM on Apr. 6, 2009

• i stopped taking my prenatels at night...i think they were giving me energy and making me restless...
    Carli26

Answer by Carli26 at 10:44 AM on Apr. 6, 2009