Car Seat Question about DD sleeping in it while going on vacation

We are leaving for Florida on May 1 and we noticed that every time our DD falls asleep in the car in her carseat her head falls forward she will be 2 in June so she is in a toddler carseat or what ever you call it. She looks very uncomfotable and I didnt know what we could do to prevent her head falling forward. Thanks

babyfaith07

Asked by babyfaith07 at 10:41 AM on Apr. 6, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• I've never used one but try the OneStepAhead website. They have a neck pillow that might work.
    Melissa6280

Answer by Melissa6280 at 10:46 AM on Apr. 6, 2009

• Does your carseat have a multiple positions? On ours, we can recline it some when we put it in the car. You just adjust the base. You might check to see if you can do that before you leave for your trip.

DDry

Answer by DDry at 10:49 AM on Apr. 6, 2009

• I use the neck pillow (I got mine at Wal-Mart though) that works great and I use that with my 22 month old and almost 4 year old whenever we think they will fall asleep in the car seat.
    aeneva

Answer by aeneva at 12:29 PM on Apr. 6, 2009

• If your carseat is a convertible and she's not over the weight/height limits then turn her back around to rearfacing. It reclines more so it seems like it would be much more comfortable to sleep this way especially when riding in the car for long distances.
    LukesMommy912

Answer by LukesMommy912 at 3:16 PM on Apr. 6, 2009

• LOL My dd does this too. She is very verbal so I asked her if it hurt her neck to sleep like that and she said no mama, I am sleeping! Don't worry.
    mama4Christ361

Answer by mama4Christ361 at 8:52 AM on Apr. 7, 2009