im 23 weeks pregnant and i noticed what looked like snot with a little blood in it came out of me while goin to the bathroom? is this something i should worry about?

mommyjouks

Asked by mommyjouks at 10:50 AM on Apr. 6, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I would call your dr, especially if you have not had sex to cause the blood coming out, and it is just happening. I dont want to scare you, and most often it is NOTHING to worry about, but it can be a sign of preterm labor and/or incompitent cervix. Call your Dr, and if you aren't satisfied with the answers you get then go in to the ER.

Have you had sex in the last day or two? Have you been crampy at all?
    AK_aries

Answer by AK_aries at 10:53 AM on Apr. 6, 2009

• Sex should not have anything to do with this bleeding,,I would think. I can just say I never had that problem.Having sex then bleeding. I say call the doctor.See what he/she has to say. Rather be safe then sorry.

Answer by louise2 at 10:57 AM on Apr. 6, 2009

• ive heard though that u can lose pieces of it and it will grow back. it happened about a week ago. i havent had any since and no cramping or anything. my husband and i have sex on a regular basis (like 2 times a week maybe) the baby is still moving in there and seems normal. no lower back pain. how long after you lost your mucus plug did you go into labor?
    mommyjouks

Answer by mommyjouks at 11:12 AM on Apr. 6, 2009

• It sounds like you lost your mucus plug. If the blood was only in the "snot", then it was your mucus plug. There is nothing to worry about. Still, to ease your mind, you could call the nurse at your doctor's office just to be sure.
    Haidens_Mama

Answer by Haidens_Mama at 11:24 AM on Apr. 6, 2009

• My cousin lost her mucus plug two or three months before she went into labor.
    Haidens_Mama

Answer by Haidens_Mama at 11:25 AM on Apr. 6, 2009