She is always hungry

My 3m old is always hungry...She eats 6oz every 4 hours. But she will be hungry 1-2 hours after eating she dont spit it up. And she wont sleep. What do I do?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:53 AM on Apr. 6, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Feed her. 3 months is a totally predictable time for a growth spurt. Don't count ounces, Just feed her when she wants to be fed. DO NOT RESORT TO CEREAL OR OTHER SOLIDS.
    jus1jess

Answer by jus1jess at 10:56 AM on Apr. 6, 2009

• If it is an all the time thing, you might want to talk to your Dr abou tputting some cereal in her bottle. Not much and the dr can tell you how much compared with the amount of formula (I assume you are bottle feeding cause you know how much she is getting) But if this is a recent thing, and she hasn't done it for more than a few days, then she is probably going through a growth spurt and it will slow down again soon.

Also if you are not feeding her again for a few hours, maybe she is just crying for another reason. What is she doing to show you she is hungry again? She may be getting to the age of teething, and she is definitely at the age that she wants more attention adn will cry for it.
    AK_aries

Answer by AK_aries at 10:57 AM on Apr. 6, 2009

• She roots around and chews on her hands and fingers.I try to play with her I try giving her her paci. She still seems hungry and she gets to the point where she just SCREAMS...
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:04 AM on Apr. 6, 2009

• Feed her. always feed on demand.

My boys were taking 8oz every 2-3 hours starting at 6 weeks. She doesn't look at the clock, she only knows when she is hungry.
    TiccledBlue

Answer by TiccledBlue at 11:17 AM on Apr. 6, 2009

• My 6 month old still eats every 3 hours. so I'm surprised that you feed your 3 month old only every 4 hours. You might want to either feed on demand or reevaluate the schedule you have going for her to make it so she gets satisfied.

Try feeding her 1-2 oz more per feeding and every 3 hours instead of 4.
    julipickle2

Answer by julipickle2 at 11:27 AM on Apr. 6, 2009

• Just feed her whenever she is hungry.
    heatherama

Answer by heatherama at 11:38 AM on Apr. 6, 2009

• You should feed her as soon as she shows you she's getting hungry. All babies are different. My daughter breastfed CONSTANTLY, got HUGE and now she's a perfect little 7 year old! I think winter babies are naturally hungrier. Also, I laid down with my daughter to get her to sleep for 2 years. I couldn't stand to hear her cry:) but my 2nd child cried so much he learned to sleep in his bassinette within 2 months-slept and still sleeps 11 hours a night. I'm currently on the couch with my 3rd. It's 8:30 and he's still sleeping! They're all different. Just hang in there!
    maillemom

Answer by maillemom at 11:39 AM on Apr. 6, 2009