Whilee visiting family for Easter the ages of my husband's step brother and sister's kids range from 8-21 years old and their are 4 total and I have a daughter who will be 6 do you give gifts to all the kids for easter and if so how much would you spend?

Their are 3 girls age 21,11 and 8 and one boy who is thirteen and I haven't a clue what to do....help

vivsmom424

Asked by vivsmom424 at 11:04 AM on Apr. 6, 2009 in Holidays

• Maybe a stuffed animal and a box of Cadbury eggs for the younger two and a $5 gift card for McDonald's for the older two.
    acrogodess

Answer by acrogodess at 1:08 PM on Apr. 6, 2009

• I wouldnt do the gift thing, but maybe bring a bunch of those plastic eggs with candy in it and have an egg hunt, or just bring the candy. Not really a gift giving holiday if you know what I mean.
    AK_aries

Answer by AK_aries at 11:08 AM on Apr. 6, 2009

• If you can afford it -do it! I would give a gift card for Borders or a book store for all :) That is just me though- books cover everyone :) they can also get music or Dvd's there. IF you are concerned about the cost- DONT DO IT- just get a nice Easter Lily for the hostess and have your 6 year old make a card :)
    jessicasea

Answer by jessicasea at 11:10 AM on Apr. 6, 2009

• Kids get gifts for Easter?? All we do is make baskets for the kids in the family...
    NJMom2Tyler

Answer by NJMom2Tyler at 11:14 AM on Apr. 6, 2009

• When did gifts become a tradition of Easter? I think that's supposed to be reserved for birthdays, Christmas, and anniversaries. Anything more than a dozen plastic eggs filled with jellybeans or other treat per child is WAY over the top. I like the one answer above about a "hostess gift" - such as the Easter Lily. But either nothing, or only candy eggs for the kids - if you don't want to go the candy route, put some stickers, erasers, or other crafty items in the eggs.
    texassahm

Answer by texassahm at 11:21 AM on Apr. 6, 2009

• well if you do want to buy them gifts. in my famly at holidays kids over 18 don't get gifts unless people want to get them gifts, (besides their birthdays of course) because the grandkids in my family range from like 2 to 35, and some are great grandkids
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:58 AM on Apr. 6, 2009

• When did kids start getting gifts for easter? Thats what makes Christmas special!
    forevermom75

Answer by forevermom75 at 5:54 PM on Apr. 6, 2009

• In my ex's family, the children get gifts but not the adults. Also, the children can participate in the Easter Egg hunt (which is great since their grandparents stock the plastic Easter eggs with coins instead of candy--the kids end up with about $25 each!!). With my DH, we just buy small gifts for our 5 children. Since we live near the beach, we are filling sand buckets instead of baskets!
    funnyface1204

Answer by funnyface1204 at 10:31 PM on Apr. 6, 2009