How can I get my kids to listen to me?

My son is extremely stubborn and does not listen to anything I say.. I know he is two but he should at least listen a little. I just don't know what to do anymore..

jessd03

Asked by jessd03 at 11:21 AM on Apr. 6, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• They hear you but they don't listen... Try getting down to their level and talking because if they are across the room -forget it! Mine does the same thing and so does my teenager LOL
    monshine2

Answer by monshine2 at 4:52 PM on Apr. 6, 2009

• have fun with that one my dd is 4 and she still does not listen to me at all
    mommy5409

Answer by mommy5409 at 11:24 AM on Apr. 6, 2009

• don't EVER back down and stand your ground!! I didn't ( thats to DH) and now @ 13 and 15 it is WAY worse!!!!!
    chefjen

Answer by chefjen at 11:31 AM on Apr. 6, 2009

• you have to guide them (gently) at that age and follow through with what you have asked them. 2 is very young don't expect too much
    chefjen

Answer by chefjen at 11:32 AM on Apr. 6, 2009

• Well at least you only have 1 that doesnt listen. Try having 4 that dont. :)
    bristle3kids

Answer by bristle3kids at 12:19 PM on Apr. 6, 2009

• Say something once, say it a bit louder and make sure they're paying attention. If that doesn't work...spank.
    lstrickland

Answer by lstrickland at 5:45 PM on Apr. 6, 2009