Yikes, this is crazy,

So back in December, i applied for health insurance through Scott and white (that may be a texas clinic i'm not sure) for my daughter the 6 months. Well, i missd the deadline for submitting my payment and had to reapply. The premium was going to be $135.0/ month, Well when reapplying i noticed the rates had doubled. They were not 350.00/ month. I called to make sure i was reading it right and the lady said yes that the under 2 age limits had more than doubled. That is crazy. Those are monthly premiums. And other suggestions on a provider

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:30 AM on Apr. 6, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• See if you have a healthy families program in your area. We have it here, and it is super cheap insurance for baby. We make around $4,000 total monthly and get full medical, dental and vision for our daughter for only $14.oo a month. (insurance for her through my SO's job would be $125.oo and through my job would be $50.oo)
    CarolynBarnett

Answer by CarolynBarnett at 11:43 AM on Apr. 6, 2009

• Good luck finding one. Blue Cross Blue Shield have outrages costs too, and they just keep raising them higher every 6 months. Check into your state's medicaid policy. If you don't make a lot of money, that could be the way to go.
    If you find anything different, please let me know too.
    lighthousemom3

Answer by lighthousemom3 at 12:10 PM on Apr. 6, 2009

• We have an individual plan with Blue Cross Blue Shield. It's a $2,500 deductible covering 70% after it is met and for maternity it's a $5,000 co-pay covering 100% after it is met. We pay roughly $230 a month and it covers my dh and I and our daughter. It stinks, but it;s the best we could find.

My dh is actually an agent and could probably refer the best option for you (whether it's with blue cross or not and what kind of plan). He couldn't be your agent but he could probably find you one in your state to contact-if you want to pm me I can give you his email if you wanted to get some advice from him.

GL!
    julipickle2

Answer by julipickle2 at 12:21 PM on Apr. 6, 2009