will my baby be at risk if i had been taking pills without knowing im 6wks pregnant?

cynthy2004

Asked by cynthy2004 at 11:31 AM on Apr. 6, 2009 in Pregnancy

• well it depends- wut kind of pills were they? and if u've stopped u should be ok
    lovelyli217

Answer by lovelyli217 at 11:33 AM on Apr. 6, 2009

• I think you should be ok as long as you have stopped. Please make sure you see an ob and take prenatal meds and eat healthy. All should be fine.
    leeleesboys

Answer by leeleesboys at 11:43 AM on Apr. 6, 2009

• It would depend on what kind of pills. For example, Tylenol is fine to take but Vicodin can be harmful (you can call to find out what is and is not okay). When you go to your appointment with your doctor/midwife let them know what you have been taking. However, most likely your baby will be fine.
    YzmaRocks

Answer by YzmaRocks at 12:10 PM on Apr. 6, 2009

• I was smoking pot, cigarettes, taking pills and drinking, then I found out I was 8 weeks pregnant. I stopped as soon as I found out, my children are fine. The doctor also prescribed me Loratab 10.g for the last month of my pregnancy for my back problems, since I was tiny and carrying triplets.
    Anonymous

• you mean birth control pills?

As long as you stop right now, the baby should be okay.
    kimberleee382

Answer by kimberleee382 at 2:57 PM on Apr. 6, 2009