• In the Spotlight:

Dessert???

Sometimes I like to reward my children with dessert, but i'm having a hard time finding something else beside the usual like ice cream, cake, and brownie. I was wondering if you ladies have any dessert ideas you would like to share with to change up things a little bit!!

sunshinestar110

Asked by sunshinestar110 at 11:49 AM on Apr. 6, 2009 in Food & Drink

• My dd loves strawberry shortcake.
    ria7

Answer by ria7 at 11:54 AM on Apr. 6, 2009

• Dirt pudding! Chocolate pudding, with oreo cookie crumbled on top, with a gummy worm on top. Kids love it!
    Haidens_Mama

Answer by Haidens_Mama at 11:54 AM on Apr. 6, 2009

• I give my daughter fruit and dips apples and caramel strawberries and yogurt mixed with a little cool whip. She likes it better than cake and those kind of things and it's easier it's just the 2 of us and a pan of brownies would go to waste.
    mizsaxton

Answer by mizsaxton at 11:54 AM on Apr. 6, 2009

• Fresh fruit and fruit salad with or without a little whipped cream are always a big hit with my kids. They also like chocolate dipped fruit or pretzels. I've made strawberry shortcake by taking angel food cake and layering it with the berries and a little whipped cream. Yogurt covered raisins are quick, tasty and not messy. We've even made milkshakes and smoothies.

My husband, children, and I are all big dessert lovers and I have to be careful of our waistlines! LOL Things like the fruit salad are healthful options that can be alternated with the regular items like ice cream to change things up a bit.

Hope this helps!
    TexaBamaBaby

Answer by TexaBamaBaby at 12:04 PM on Apr. 6, 2009

• I make fruit juice popsicles, you could also make ones with yogurt.
    toola

Answer by toola at 12:40 PM on Apr. 6, 2009

• Snickers Salad. It will be something a little different that you don't serve very often and its to die for! LOL

Granny Smith apples cubed (i leave the peel on)
    1 pkg bite size snickers, cubed
    1 container cool whip

all you do is cut it all up an mix together with the cool whip. It is sooo good!
    TiffanyReed

Answer by TiffanyReed at 1:08 PM on Apr. 6, 2009

• Fresh fruit, Jello or pudding with cool whip, strawberry shortcake, pie. I make choclate mousse. I mix chocolate pudding with cool whip.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 3:31 PM on Apr. 6, 2009

• I used to love when my mom would give us chocolate pudding . . yum. Also, apple crisp is a good one.
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 3:42 PM on Apr. 6, 2009

• I know it is still "technically "a cake... but my kids love dump cake. It really isn't all that cake like.

http://www.cooks.com/rec/doc/0,176,154181-232193,00.html

I omit the coconut, and it is still awesome.
    emdred

Answer by emdred at 12:05 AM on Apr. 7, 2009

• Cheesecake. It's blueberry season!
    Fistandantalus

Answer by Fistandantalus at 11:40 AM on Apr. 7, 2009