Answering Machine

Does it annoy you when people don't have an answering machine and their home number just rings and rings? I am the girl scout leader and I have to change the schedule due to weather...sure would be nice if I culd leave a msg instead of calling 5 times...ugh!

ria7

Asked by ria7 at 11:53 AM on Apr. 6, 2009 in Just for Fun

• AMEN!
    mommystiebler

Answer by mommystiebler at 12:05 PM on Apr. 6, 2009

• lol, sometimes it annoys me
    mommyBrooke849

Answer by mommyBrooke849 at 12:28 PM on Apr. 6, 2009

• I agree, I like answering machines. It is a problem if there is no identification on the machine, though. I announce the last 4 digits of our number on ours so that people know they've called the correct number, but people dialing incorrectly don't know how to reach us again. I can understand a single lady not wanting to identify that she is a single lady, but perhaps she could have a man friend leave some identifying greeting- not the full name and phone number, but something so that people who call and want to leave a message can be sure they are leaving the message on the right machine. I had a message once from someone wanting "Julie". He must have heard my greeting, but he still thought he had "Julie's" number and left her a message, starting his message by saying "you sound so different on the phone!" LOL!!!!!

Answer by Bmat at 12:44 PM on Apr. 6, 2009

• In those situations yes... When I was a GS leader I made it clear that email was my main form of communication and used it often. Do this and then if needed, use a call to back the email up then nobody can say you didn't try. You can also set up a phone tree and have another parent do the calls or ask that parent for a cell phone # as well...
    monshine2

Answer by monshine2 at 4:09 PM on Apr. 6, 2009

• Yes, but I also hate people that don't understand how to leave a message. They talk as if they are having a conversation. They don't understand that you are to leave a BRIEF message. My mom will hang up and call back 2 or 3 times to continue the message.
    jesse123456

Answer by jesse123456 at 7:25 PM on Apr. 6, 2009