So there's this ex...

Ok, so I have an ex from high school (many years ago) who I've become friends with in the past few years. Never thought much of it, DH never minded and the ex's wife and I had become friends. So here's the problem, lately the ex has been calling me things like "Hun" or "baby" and while it bothered me a little it really upset DH, so I asked him to stop calling me that and he got a little upset. Well since then everything calmed down for a while and now I'm getting suggestive messages from him, and I don't know what to do. I don't want this attention from him and I have asked him to stop, but he doesn't seem to get it. Also, I'm pregnant and a little prone to freak out easily, so I don't know if I'm over reacting or if this is really kind of creepy. I've cut off communication with him for now, but I don't want to cut off his wife, she's become such a good friend. Any advice ladies?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:53 AM on Apr. 6, 2009 in Relationships

• Just tell the man that ppl might get the wrong impression with his behavior and you want it to stop.

Answer by admckenzie at 12:12 PM on Apr. 6, 2009

• id say tell your husband before any problems start with your husbadn you wouldnt want his wife finding out anf making up or blaming it on you and then you having problems with your husband. Tell your husband whats going on
    chukuku

Answer by chukuku at 11:56 AM on Apr. 6, 2009

• You should talk to his wife, since you're really good friends. tell her that you don't want to lose her, but that it's entirely inapporpriate and you don't want it to continue. You're going to have to stop talking to the ex altogether. stay strong, I know losing friends isn't easy. but he's not going to get the hint any other way....and you seem to be in a good marraige. good luck
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:59 AM on Apr. 6, 2009

• Talk to his wife. She has the right to know he's doing this. And you don't want her to think that YOU are causing all this to happen. He's not going to just stop, and yes, it is creepy. Really creepy.
    Buffie95

Answer by Buffie95 at 1:54 PM on Apr. 6, 2009

• Isn't creepy to me... he's your ex, and you're talking to him, he likely thought you were talking to him because you were still hung up on him.
    I'd flat out tell him that it's either going to stop or you're going to stop talking to him period.
    It's not because you're pregnant it's because he's coming on to you.
    His wife may be very very nice, but it's likely you're going to have to stop talking to her as well as him unless you want to tell her what the problem is.
    lisa_ann_p

Answer by lisa_ann_p at 3:40 PM on Apr. 6, 2009