Do you think you can learn to be creative?

I am not creative but I want to do creative things with my son. Any ideas?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:57 AM on Apr. 6, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Maybe take him to art classes where you can participate too?
    AdensMommy1107

Answer by AdensMommy1107 at 12:00 PM on Apr. 6, 2009

• Yes, I think so. some are naturally more or less creative than others, but I think everyone can find a way to be creative.

How old is your son? what are some of his favorite things?
    Kiter

Answer by Kiter at 12:01 PM on Apr. 6, 2009

• Well you can do fun and creative things...even if they don't turn out good. Look online for craft ideas. Just get in there and paint, draw, make stuff...it doesn't have to be "good" it's about the time you spend together. you can teach him that you don't have to excel in something to try it and have fun! Go for it...don't let anything stop you...you may be more creative than you think!!!
    ria7

Answer by ria7 at 12:02 PM on Apr. 6, 2009

• Dancing to Music
    Photography
    Cooking
    Finger paint
    making homemade chalk and then drawing on the sidewalk
    building with Legos or blocks
    making up stories for his action figures to act out
    Clay
    drawing
    making things with popsicl esticks
    looking at the clouds in the sky and saying what they look like (That cloud looks like an elelphant. That one there looks like a sad clown...)
    Kiter

Answer by Kiter at 12:06 PM on Apr. 6, 2009

• Yes. Get some playdoh, crayons, even lego blocks... all the things kids play with. Play with him. If you have trouble thinking of things to make or draw, come up with a list of things and pick one from it before you sit down to play. And don't think it has to be lovely or even recognizable. The younger your child, the less they will care. The older, the more you will be teaching that perfection doesn't matter so much as fun.

For a good kids book, try "The Dot".
    http://www.amazon.com/James-Excellence-Childrens-Literature-Awards/dp/0763619612/ref=pd_bbs_sr_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1239034018&sr=8-1
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 12:07 PM on Apr. 6, 2009

• you can follow directions even if you are not creative. Leave the creative stuff to those who are. Try looking for creative lesson plans online for the age/grade of the child.

Answer by admckenzie at 1:19 PM on Apr. 6, 2009

• Get a book with creative ideas for his age group and follow the directions there -- I'm not creative either but this helped me with my DD as well as when I needed ideas when I was her GS leader :)
    monshine2

Answer by monshine2 at 4:04 PM on Apr. 6, 2009