Has anyone on this site used "Clomid" while ttc? and did it work?

Lil_Mami_Rios

Asked by Lil_Mami_Rios at 12:06 PM on Apr. 6, 2009 in Trying to Conceive

• I used it. No luck. My doctor said it's a "first step" drug and doesn't help a lot of people.
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 12:09 PM on Apr. 6, 2009

• I was on it for 3 months and didn't work. I ended up getting pregnant 2 months later. The doctor said that that seems to happen a lot. We had also been trying for 3 years before that so I'm not sure if Clomid had anything to do with it, but it may have jumpstarted something, somehow.
    Anonymous

• So, how did you actually get pregant, did you use another drug or did you just do it the all natural way, and wait? I'm on my third cycle now. And I'm just doubtful. But I have no insurance, and everything is self pay, I couldn't afford to go to a specialist, even if I wanted too. We've been trying over a year now, and our last two cycles have had no effect and I did not ovulate once. I'm so confused as to what to do!
    Lil_Mami_Rios

Answer by Lil_Mami_Rios at 12:15 PM on Apr. 6, 2009

• It worked for me on the first cycle. I miscarried, which had nothing to do with Clomid. Four weeks later I ovulated on my own for the first time ever, and have a little girl. I would use it again if necessary. Oddly enough, pregnancy seems to have "fixed" my system.
    kara_g.

Answer by kara_g. at 12:33 PM on Apr. 6, 2009

• Did you not ovulate according to ultrasound or according to Ovulation Predictor sticks?
    kara_g.

• Maybe your doctor has you on the wrong dose. Im assuming you started out using 50mg? I just finished my last dose of Clomid three days ago and Im supposed to see my OBGYN on day 21 of my cycle to see if I ovulated on just 50mg. If I didnt then my doc. said shes going to up the dose to 100mg. You have to see a doctor while your taking this and they should be able to tell you what dosage you will need. And there are several success storys from women taking Clomid and allot of them got pregnant the first round and others within two or three months. I have heard wonderfull things about it so Im hoping that it works out for us. Gl!
    LANDENSMOMMYlmk

Answer by LANDENSMOMMYlmk at 12:39 PM on Apr. 6, 2009

• Let me tell you also that when I did use Clomid I had an ultrasound to check my follicles. I had them but they were not as large as my doctor would have liked to have seen and she told me I would not ovulate. I felt I would, but just later than expected. I did. I was told the cycle was a wash. However, I used the ovulation predictor sticks and I did ovulate, but more than a week past when she had expected. Had I listened I would not have conceived.
    kara_g.

Answer by kara_g. at 1:03 PM on Apr. 6, 2009

• I used it and got pregnant the first time. Now I was seeing a specialist and he started me off at 100 mg and after my peroid. I think I was at CD 14 and by ultrasound showing no signs of ovulating. I still don't get why he did it that way, but I am happy he did.
    Anonymous

• I started with clomid 50 mg but didnt work for me. I dont think i will be having any more of them. Clomid are prescribed for women who dont ovulate.
    sofiaa79

Answer by sofiaa79 at 2:28 PM on Apr. 6, 2009

• here;s a guide to Clomid that you may find helpful. I havnt used it myself but maybe this will give you some more info. :)
    pregnancyHG

Answer by pregnancyHG at 4:04 PM on Apr. 6, 2009