Root Canal Problems

I had a root canal two years ago and due to money I had to wait six months before I could put the cap on. When I went back for my cleaning they said it was too late bc the decay was too much. This weekend while I was eating, my tooth crumbled. Does anyone know how long I can wait to see the dentist... I know I need to get it pulled, but I'm not able to get a sitter for my boy until next week. Is this okay to wait...

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:17 PM on Apr. 6, 2009 in Health

• I had almost the same thing happen to me. I had root canal, had the tooth capped and the tooth still crumbled. I waited a while (months) before I had it pulled. You should be fine.
    CaseyErin

Answer by CaseyErin at 12:23 PM on Apr. 6, 2009

• Oh dear! I am sorry this happened to you. Go ahead and make your appointment for next week, and if you start hurting before that, or if your tongue or inside of your cheek, etc, start getting cut or hurting because of shart edges, then you'd better try to get in sooner. Better yet, call the dentist's office and ask them, just in case.

Answer by Bmat at 1:25 PM on Apr. 6, 2009

• I'm a dental hygienist. The only time it would be an emergency is if you are in pain. Other than that it is probably annoying to your tongue. Call your dental office and let them know what your schedule is like. A good dental office will work with you and your schedule. Don't worry.
    PrttyMstng

Answer by PrttyMstng at 1:35 PM on Apr. 6, 2009