Would you report an illegal immigrant to INS?

feel free to elaborate

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:35 PM on Jun. 18, 2008 in Politics & Current Events

• If you want to see positive change in your environment, do something nice, instead. Reporting an immigrant has no impact on your happiness. Enjoy the benefits illegal immigrants bring.
    Can I ask you a question? Where are YOUR roots? What countries are your ancestors from? I BET you ancestors were born outside of the U.S. Another question to ponder, WHY did your ancestors come to this country? Perhaps, to find a better life?... Illegal immigrants are here for the same reason. Why would you want to break someone's happiness?
    Anonymous

• Yes, if there was a reward :)
    Anonymous

• Yes, they all need to leave, and stop costing us tax payers money!!!
    Anonymous

• no, I would not have the heart to break up a family. Unless, the individual was stealing, selling drugs something along those lines.
    Anonymous

• I would yes because where I live is a really rugged terrain where men cross harsh desert mountains and if they make it to our house on the ranch they are generally lost and hurt and ask to be turned in to INS. Generally they are transported back to Mexico but are back within a week. The other men that cross are drug traffickers and we don't usually see them unless we're very unlucky.
    venusonstilts

Answer by venusonstilts at 2:43 PM on Jun. 18, 2008

• nope
    katykay

Answer by katykay at 2:47 PM on Jun. 18, 2008

• Is reporting the person going to make your life better? Is it an ego talking? They come to this country to make their lives better. Immigrants do the dirtiest jobs for little money to keep food on their families' tables. How would you feel knowing you took food from the person's kids?
    Let the government deal with it. If an immigrant commits crime, trust me, he/she will be out of here.
    After all, we ALL (if you're not 100% Native American/Indian) are immigrants. Someone from your family came to this country at some point. And, they all came here for a reason. How would you feel knowing your grandfather or great-grandfather came here to support his family abroad (could be your mother or father) and someone, like you, intended harm.
    Anonymous

• Great point pp!
    MommytoNakoa

Answer by MommytoNakoa at 2:53 PM on Jun. 18, 2008

• yes b/c they don't have to pay taxes and i don't think its right!
    rissa_mommyof2

Answer by rissa_mommyof2 at 3:03 PM on Jun. 18, 2008

• I would without even thinking about it - I know that sounds harsh and I hate that - but # 1 someone said if they commit crimes, just by crossing over they've commited a crime - thats why its called Illigal Immigrants - I have no problem with them wanting to live here - heck I don;t blame them one bit - but don;t come through my back door and rob me come through the front and do it right and I will welcome you with open arms
    songstressdiva1

Answer by songstressdiva1 at 3:07 PM on Jun. 18, 2008