Plan B, aka The Morning After Pill - what are your thoughts?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:20 PM on Apr. 6, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• I think it's for emergency purposes and legal for a reason if taken like it's supposed to I think it's fine.
    mizsaxton

Answer by mizsaxton at 12:30 PM on Apr. 6, 2009

• It cannot end an implanted pregnancy, therefore, it is birthcontrol.
    Anonymous

• It's fine with me.
    bxbsmommy

Answer by bxbsmommy at 12:34 PM on Apr. 6, 2009

• so long as its used as directed & as its meant to be (only in emergencies) i have no problems w/ it. its not the abortion pill & if your pregnant before you take Plan B you will still be pregnant. i really dont see what the big deal is about it...
    okmanders

Answer by okmanders at 12:35 PM on Apr. 6, 2009

• If you have a regular pack of birth control pills you have Plan B. It's just how you take them that makes the difference. Plan B makes it easier with the instructions, but if you call your prescribing Dr. for the BC pills, they can tell you how to take them to be as effective as Plan B.
    Anonymous

• I think it's fine and I've used it before. Like someone said, it's not the abortion pill, it stops pregnancy from even starting, from what I understand.
    LadyChamp

Answer by LadyChamp at 12:49 PM on Apr. 6, 2009

• It's back up birth control. I took it once in college because we were using condoms and one broke, makes you a bit queasy but otherwise it's not problem. It's silly to use it all the time, it's basically like taking a full pack of birth control pills (depending on the strength) so it you're taking it once a month or more you'd be better off on a daily pill.
    RhondaVeggie

Answer by RhondaVeggie at 12:57 PM on Apr. 6, 2009

• I fully support it being used. I understand why many *life begins at conception* view it as an abortion pill, even though I do not agree with that stance, but I would much prefer someone taking this and not getting pregnant then the alternatives. :)
    celticreverie

Answer by celticreverie at 1:48 PM on Apr. 6, 2009

• I'll say this again. NO WOMAN WHO DOES NOT WANT TO BE PREGNANT SHOULD BE!!!!
    If men were having the babies there would be more birth control options and we would not be having this discussion!!!!

I love kids as much as the next person, I have 4! BUT I wanted my children very badly and am grateful every day to have them! Every child deserves to be loved like mine!
    4kidsandadog

Answer by 4kidsandadog at 2:22 PM on Apr. 6, 2009

• funny. i have been having this conversation with others. what it boils down to is: the pill disrupts implantation. if you believe that a life starts with sperm n egg meeting you shouldnt take it. if you believe life starts with implantation then your fine.
    babylovin

Answer by babylovin at 2:24 PM on Apr. 6, 2009