What do you think of Muslims and Islam?

I especially wanted to point out that many fundamental Christians share the same beliefs, because Islam stems from Christianity. What do you think?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:23 PM on Apr. 6, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• i think they are a very misunderstood religion in the US. the more i learn about Islam, the more i realize how much Christian ideals are the same. Americans are fed this horrible idea of Muslims all being terrorists & thats so far from the truth. i think the US ppl would be a lot less hostile towards the Middle East & Muslims if they knew more about the Islam faith & relied less on their chain emails & ignorant news personalities.

i mean, how would i (as a Christian) feel if everyones view of me was based off of what the Westburogh Baptist Church does?

i dunno if thats what you were asking for but whatev haha
    okmanders

Answer by okmanders at 12:32 PM on Apr. 6, 2009

• I agree with above answer. All we ever hear or know about them is the radical stuff.....like the terrorist, etc. We need to learn the other side of it too.
    lighthousemom3

Answer by lighthousemom3 at 12:34 PM on Apr. 6, 2009

• They are definately misunderstood.
    I think they are peaceful but have their extremists.
    I think that I know several muslims who are quite wonderful so thats what I think of when asked about muslims.
    BonesDragonDew

Answer by BonesDragonDew at 12:46 PM on Apr. 6, 2009

• Islam is like any other religion. There are good things, there are bad things, there are some things that just seems very odd to people on the inside, and there are loony fundamentalists.
    RhondaVeggie

Answer by RhondaVeggie at 1:00 PM on Apr. 6, 2009

• It is definitely misunderstood by many. I know several people at work that are quite ignorant about Islam and say the most misguided stuff about Muslims. It drives me nuts...

hannahwill

Answer by hannahwill at 1:02 PM on Apr. 6, 2009

• I don't know much about it yet. I just bought Islam for Dummies... So I hope to learn soon. As of my opinion right now I think that it's a greatly misunderstood religion. and that those people are being falsely targeted as dangerous...

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 1:11 PM on Apr. 6, 2009

• My husband's dad is Muslim.
    It really is like Christianity, just under a different name.
    There ARE differences though...

And with every organized religion comes the radicals who give a bad name to everyone involved in their religion. Sad really.
    MandyOs

Answer by MandyOs at 2:37 PM on Apr. 6, 2009

• I had some very good friends in college who were Muslim (From Kyrgyzstan) - I have so much respect for them and their religion. Because of that direct experience, it would be difficult for me to generalize about Islam... it is made up of individuals, from different cultures - and it has to be approached that way.
    Collinsky

Answer by Collinsky at 2:55 PM on Apr. 6, 2009

• I know many Muslims that are good, honest people. There are fanatics in any religion. You can't judge the whole group based on the actions of a few nut cases.
    Marwill

Answer by Marwill at 4:00 PM on Apr. 6, 2009

• We all worship the same God. Just in a different form.
    jennijune_21

Answer by jennijune_21 at 4:30 PM on Apr. 6, 2009