• In the Spotlight:

anyone else?

anyone else have regular contractions and nothing changes and they come and go? i have had them for 2 hours 3-4 min apart and my cervix don't change and the contractions just go away errrrr

josalin

Asked by josalin at 12:24 PM on Apr. 6, 2009 in Pregnancy

• ugh i hate when that happens...when you have a contraction try to bend at a 45 degree angle into the contraction...try walking while having the contractions...that helps to dialate
    MissKellee

Answer by MissKellee at 12:32 PM on Apr. 6, 2009

• Depends, are you close to your due date? It could be braxton hicks caused by dehydration or just plan old braxton hicks. If you lay down and they go away its false labor. Once they start and continue no matter what position you are in then you know they are real. They will get longer, stronger and closer together. If your not close to your due date its normal to have them if your walking around or moving a lot due to your muscles contracting to hold the baby in.
    brailynsmama08

Answer by brailynsmama08 at 12:35 PM on Apr. 6, 2009

• drink lots of water
    Anonymous

• I was awakened by false labor when I was 38 weeks pregnant. I had very regular, 3-5 minutes, contractions. They started Saturday morning at 1:00am and continued until 8:00am. Then they just stopped. I was hoping when I went to the doctor on Monday there would be a change. Absolutely no change. I guess my body was just practicing for the real thing 10 days later.
    Lexi.Mommy

Answer by Lexi.Mommy at 3:55 PM on Apr. 6, 2009

• false labor is a pain in the a** :-( lol
    mommyof_2boyz

Answer by mommyof_2boyz at 4:29 PM on Apr. 6, 2009