What have you used for craddle cap? Did it work?

Lenore0708

Asked by Lenore0708 at 12:30 PM on Apr. 6, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I used baby oil and a cotton ball. after we got all the stuff out, I prevented further cradle cap by doing this;
    every time i would give him a bath, id wash his hair, and use a soft brush to lather his head up by scrubbing in a circular motion, all around his little head. he only had 1 little instance of cradle cap. after using the baby oil, and washing his hair like that, we had NO more problems. be sure to wash the baby oil off good though, because it holds a lot of heat on the babys head,
    Steph_reynolds

Answer by Steph_reynolds at 3:22 PM on Apr. 6, 2009

• i mixed baby oil with lotion and rubed it on her head
    angelairelan

Answer by angelairelan at 12:32 PM on Apr. 6, 2009

• I used the cradle cap stuff you buy at target or walmart. Its in a tall, skinny green bottle and says cradle cap. Also we bought a brush for cradle cap and we still use it daily when we wash our daughters hair to avoid her getting it again. You can always put baby oil on the head as well.
    brailynsmama08

Answer by brailynsmama08 at 12:32 PM on Apr. 6, 2009

• I put vaseline on his head and combed it out - worked the first time!
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 12:35 PM on Apr. 6, 2009

• Baby oil and lots of combing. Yes it worked.
    Mommy3b1g

Answer by Mommy3b1g at 12:38 PM on Apr. 6, 2009

• I also used baby oil and a soft bristled brush it worked the first time...i will make the hair look a little greasy but it gets rid of the stuff
    LTLDEB

Answer by LTLDEB at 12:39 PM on Apr. 6, 2009

• Olive Oil lotion in the ethnic haircare section. It worked really well on my daughter. Baby oil didn't work for me.
    Haidens_Mama

Answer by Haidens_Mama at 12:41 PM on Apr. 6, 2009

• I used Baby Magic. It worked great and smells sooooo good!
    Anonymous

• baby oil rubbed into the scalp then softly combed thru & washed off. it took 2 times before it was gone for good.
    okmanders

Answer by okmanders at 1:03 PM on Apr. 6, 2009

• I haven't tried it yet, but the pediatrician said to try Neutrogena t-Gel. Leave on for one minute as you softly scrub, then rinse. Reapply and leave on for 3 minutes as you softly scrub, then rinse. I kept forgetting to buy it at the market and when I finally remembered to, the cradle cap was already going away on its own, so I didn't bother.
    Anonymous