Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

what can i do to get the adaption done quicker?

my husband wants to adop my 4 year old son
but the german law says that we have to be married for at least two years .
if anybodyhas been through this of knows what to do please help me thanks

Answer Question

Asked by darkrain20004 at 12:37 PM on Apr. 6, 2009 in Adoption

Level 1 (0 Credits)
Answers (2)
  • If that is the law there then there is probably no getting around it. You'll just have to wait. I know here in some states you have to be married for a certain amount of years. HAve you check the rest of the rules: like home studies and if the biological father has to terminate rights or anything?

    Answer by matthewscandi at 3:18 PM on Apr. 6, 2009

  • The have reasons for laws..
    Before my DD's husband (at the time) and I had to married 2 years before we
    could do any paper work...
    Good Luck

    Answer by Dannee at 10:12 AM on Apr. 7, 2009

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.