Baby showers....

What do you think... women only or invite the men too? Should you only have one with your 1st? any cute or original party favors or decorations?

mizsaxton

Asked by mizsaxton at 12:38 PM on Apr. 6, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I just had my baby shower yesterday my sister did an "All American girl" theme and it was so neat because we didn't get all pink stuff we got a lot of red and blue outfits for her too. And now my sister can re-use all the party supplies. Everyone loved the theme. It was only the ladies 2.
    Fordmomma

Answer by Fordmomma at 5:15 PM on Apr. 6, 2009

• I think every baby should be celebrated! Not just your first...

DH and I had a couples' shower... it was a little more relaxed because he was there, and his buddies lightened everything up and made the games more fun!

We did farm animals as a theme... was SUPER cute!
    matobe

Answer by matobe at 12:40 PM on Apr. 6, 2009

• One of my friends threw us a diaper dinner as a guys and girls shower. My hubby had just gotten home from Iraq and it was a way for everybody to get to see him, to celebrate our R&R twins, and we got diapers from everybody in attendance! Woohoo!!! The main hostess brought lasagna and everybody brought something to go with it. They ended up watching football because we are none fans of baby shower games!

I did end up having a couple of other showers though. These were my second pregnancy and I agree every baby is special and should be celebrated! One of our shower themes was two peas in a pod.
    mommystiebler

Answer by mommystiebler at 12:44 PM on Apr. 6, 2009

• Women only LOL.
    I think if you find someone who wants to do one for you every time...go for it.

I dont think showers are necessary at all but they can be a great chance to just hang with friends,etc.

I wouldnt do a theme unless there is something specific you want to get out of it (like all diapers, all the time LOL, stuff like that).

At mine we had guess how many candies are in the bottles and we had to feel a brown paper bag and decide what items were in there. Plus the "how many toilet paper pieces fit around the pregnant waist LOL.
    BonesDragonDew

Answer by BonesDragonDew at 12:51 PM on Apr. 6, 2009

• we had a co ed shower at the local bowling alley.
    taz1993

Answer by taz1993 at 1:01 PM on Apr. 6, 2009

• I like the diaper party idea... beats the heck out of getting 50 frilly pink dresses if I'm having a girl. At 1st I wanted the sex to be a surprise I'm going to have the dr tell my bestfriend it's going to be a surprise in a way I'm finding out when I show up to the shower.
    mizsaxton

Answer by mizsaxton at 1:03 PM on Apr. 6, 2009

• We had a diaper and wipes party. Got lots of bath stuff and medicine stuff. He's 2 and we've still never bought a single bottle of baby shapmoo and gave a ton away. Also Make sure you have different sizes of diapers. We got over 30 packages of size 1's and he didn't go through them all. Had over 10 packages left and wound up giving them away to some one else.
    lstrickland

Answer by lstrickland at 1:18 PM on Apr. 6, 2009