Speech in France on Friday

Obama spoke to a large group in France on Friday and this is what he said "In America, there’s a failure to appreciate Europe’s leading role in the world. Instead of celebrating your dynamic union and seeking to partner with you..to meet common challenges, there been times where America(ns) shown arrogance and been dismissive, even derisive."

What do you think about this incredible statement? The hubs and I were shocked and so very hurt that our President would speak against the leading country in the world, his own country. Or is it?

When did France become our buddy and our example? Should we use France and other countries for examples of how we should operate our government? Obama will move us closer to a one world government if we don't pay attention.

lifeasinoit

Asked by lifeasinoit at 12:40 PM on Apr. 6, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• Europe woudn't be Europe had we not stood up for them in WW II. He made a small reference to that, but went unoticed.
    Why would he go to see our Allies and speak down of us, and then get all happy and congenial with countries that hate us.
    He is a fool, and making this country weaker just in the minds of other countries and that is where it starts. N.Korea knew it would have no repercussions launching that missile, and it hasn't.
    He is arrogant enough to tell France he wants to see a nuclear free world, and France gets 90% of it's electricity from nuclear power,how damn arrogant can he be? I don't have to wish failure upon him anymore, he's doing a damn good job of it on his own.
    akinbottom2

Answer by akinbottom2 at 12:49 PM on Apr. 6, 2009

• Barack Obama has no pride in the country that made him President. This is not the first time he has cut the throat of America to gain world popularity and it won't be the last.
    Anonymous

• Totally agree with you.Actually I was disgusted by it.
    tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 12:45 PM on Apr. 6, 2009

• Sure won't he is selling us out just as some predicted he would.
    tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 12:46 PM on Apr. 6, 2009

• Oh that was a reply to anon lol
    tnmomofive

• Sounds like he campaigning to be King of the World.
    Anonymous

• My husband said of this and most everything he has done "I never thought i'd live to see this crap happen"
    Anonymous

• I am not surprised. France as an example. If it weren't frightening, it would be funny.

Anonymous

• Not long ago we had obvious issues with France. Has he forgotten this?
    lifeasinoit

Answer by lifeasinoit at 12:55 PM on Apr. 6, 2009

• I personally don't appreciate the fact that he seems to want to speak for all of us. He's the President of my country, but he doesn't know me or what my feelings are/ have been. He's a fool who has no idea what he's talking about and I resent that he claims to speak on my behalf. And anon :48 is right. It does sound like he's campaigning for King of the World.

anime_mom619

Answer by anime_mom619 at 12:55 PM on Apr. 6, 2009