did this happen to anyone else?

I'm 36wks and 4 days. Yesterday afternoon I lost my mucas plug. I wasn't too concerned though because I know you can lose those early and it not mean anything. Well then in the evening my back was killing me, so we called L&D and they told me to come up. Here I was having contractions 3-5mins apart! Only dialated 1 though. The doc stopped my labor w/Brethrin(sp) and sent me home. My question is how long does that keep labor away for and should I expect to go back to hospital soon?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:43 PM on Apr. 6, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I have NEVER heard of a doctor stopping labor so late in pregnancy!!

If it was true labor, the medicine will not have stopped it for more than a couple days.
    Emmoney

Answer by Emmoney at 12:47 PM on Apr. 6, 2009

• Is that the shaky drug? lol if so I had it twice with my first she was breech and I wasn't supposed to go into labor i was in L&D again after 24 hours If it doesn't work and your baby seems to be big enough your due date could be off by a week or so they might just let you go ahead and labor.
    mizsaxton

Answer by mizsaxton at 12:48 PM on Apr. 6, 2009

• He said he wanted me to hold off a week if I could because of the baby's lung developing. I wasn't feeling any contractions in my stomach like people said I would it was all in my back. I don't know if that makes a difference. That and I am scheduled for c-section on 4-20.
    sunnygal27

Answer by sunnygal27 at 12:50 PM on Apr. 6, 2009

• What's the reason for the c-section?
    mizsaxton

Answer by mizsaxton at 12:54 PM on Apr. 6, 2009

• Because I have a back injury and can't push w/out it doing further damage to my SI joint and hip.
    sunnygal27

Answer by sunnygal27 at 1:22 PM on Apr. 6, 2009

• It was the shaky drug! It made me feel like I drank 2 pots of coffee! It was an awful feeling. So I guess I should pack my bags so I'm prepared when I go back!
    sunnygal27

Answer by sunnygal27 at 1:24 PM on Apr. 6, 2009

• but the baby's lungs are done developing by 36 wks..
    tnteaton

Answer by tnteaton at 2:20 PM on Apr. 6, 2009

• They are not always done developing. Even a baby born at 38 weeks can have breathing problems. If my doctor has to do a scheduled C-Sections. He holds off till 39.5 weeks because he says they may be considered term at 37 but not all of them are done till a couple weeks later.
    Anonymous

• my doctors stopped my labor a few times but if your body is ready to go into labor it will do it regardless... so just take it easy cause that stuff doesnt work for very long. they messed my body up by giving me those drugs! By the time my due date came I wasnt going into labor anymore! So I had to be induced 3 weeks after my due date!
    mommyof_2boyz

Answer by mommyof_2boyz at 4:34 PM on Apr. 6, 2009