Tylenol 3 while pregnant?

my dentist prescribed me tylenol 3 for a toothache I have been having. Is it ok while pregnant??

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:47 PM on Apr. 6, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Generally, no, you should not take codeine while pregnant. It may cause harm, but call your doctor to confirm this (it may be okay in really small doese, I'm not sure).
    YzmaRocks

Answer by YzmaRocks at 12:58 PM on Apr. 6, 2009

• Its ok... I had a cyst removed when i was 6 months pregnant and the doctor prescribed me tylenol 3. If you told your dentist that you were pregnant and they still prescribed the medicine than its ok.
    diamondmamma

Answer by diamondmamma at 1:00 PM on Apr. 6, 2009

• it's fine, my last pregnancy I took everyday for the last 3 months due to severe pain from my siatic nerve presc. from my OB.
    Anonymous

• tylenol is the safest pain med while pregnant. Try not to take any more than you need though.
    julipickle2

Answer by julipickle2 at 1:16 PM on Apr. 6, 2009

• they gave me tylenol 3 too when I got a tooth pulled a few weeks ago when I was 22weeks pregnant but I never took it.
    Anonymous

• i am taking tylenol 3 for sciatica right now and I had to take it in my last pregnancy due to pain in my arm from a blood clot (it was superficial not deep vein, caused by an IV I had during my first trimester for dehydration, those suckers hurt like heck!) I think tylenol 3 is a lot safer than other medications they give you during pregnancy. I'm still pissed about having hardly any choice in getting terbutaline to stop my labor! That stuff is scary, it's only been around since the 1970's and yet doctor's are pumping us full of it! I actually had to get my tylenol 3 prescription from my PCP since the hospital I went to wouldn't give me anything for the pain... it was a mess. Anyway, I digress. If you really want to know the whole story PM me and I'll give you the link to my blog (don't want to post it on here cause I don't want to seem like I'm promoting myself!)
    naomianne2

Answer by naomianne2 at 1:58 PM on Apr. 6, 2009

• http://www.aimsusa.org/howsafe.htm -(fda statement)
    No medication over the coutner or other wise is safe during pregnancy!!!
    hypersquirrel

Answer by hypersquirrel at 2:00 PM on Apr. 6, 2009

• If your dentist knows you're pregnant, which should have been asked in the question thing you fill out every time you go to dentist, he wouldnt prescribe anything that would hurt the fetus.
    lunamuse89

Answer by lunamuse89 at 4:02 PM on Apr. 6, 2009

• I had a tooth pulled a couple weeks ago and had been taking Tylenol Extra strength prior to that from extreme nerve pain due to infection. Anyway they pulled it and the dentist called my Dr. to ask if the Tylenol 3 was okay She said "no" just over the counter strength. But the regular tylenol was strong enough for me i just took one dose and no more pain.But maybe the Dr. said no because i was only 10 weeks?
    morelove81

Answer by morelove81 at 7:10 PM on Apr. 6, 2009