How to get my 5 mth old to sleep thru the night again. He was since 2 1/2 mth old and then now he has started waking up close to every hour.

My son all of a sudden has started waking up almost every hour during the night. He was sleeping all night and then last wk he started this. Any suggestions?

imcartermom

Asked by imcartermom at 12:49 PM on Apr. 6, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• my DD was the same way as your son. is he teething? i started putting a little ora-gel on my DDs gums about 15 mins before bed & she started sleeping better. if its not teething he could be preparing for a growth spurt. when my DD goes thru one her body aches & is doing too much during the night for her to sleep well. this is prolly a phase & will pass once he accomplishes his spurt. the only other thin i can think of is that hes hungry. try giving him more to eat before bed & see if that lets him sleep a little longer. i hope one of these helps!!
    okmanders

Answer by okmanders at 1:02 PM on Apr. 6, 2009

• Have you tried sleeping together? Sometimes babies sleep better with their mama right there (and that means mama sleeps better!)
    Collinsky

Answer by Collinsky at 2:51 PM on Apr. 6, 2009

• Heh heh heh...never get used to a sleeping pattern. They don't last.

Teething is a probable culprit. Teething tablets can help. But be ready for broken sleep. For how long?

Heh heh heh....havne't slept more than four hours straight in a decade. Because it's always SOMETHING. **grin**

Answer by gdiamante at 3:37 PM on Apr. 6, 2009