waking up with pain

i recently woke up (sleeping on my left side) and had some pain in my right side. hubby helped me up but thats when the pain got worst and for about 15 minutes i could barely make a move without a shap stab in the right side. it suddenly left and i felt normal again. my baby moves regular and very active at times. but i was wondering has this happened to any of you ladies?
ps: im 33 weeks now first time parent..

glossyblack

Asked by glossyblack at 12:55 PM on Apr. 6, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Your insides are being pushed around in some very strange ways from the baby... It is probably from the baby growing and taking up room inside. If you are very concerned, call your doc...
    onyourterms

Answer by onyourterms at 12:57 PM on Apr. 6, 2009

• we are fine.. i was just wondering if this happened to anyone else
    glossyblack

Answer by glossyblack at 1:13 PM on Apr. 6, 2009

• oh yeah...
    zoozleroo

Answer by zoozleroo at 1:21 PM on Apr. 6, 2009

• sometimes I think my son uses my ovaries as a punching bag! if you continue to have lots of pain on your right side, particularly up at the top, it could be a sign of pre-eclampsia (right upper quadrant pain). So make sure to take note of it along with any unusual large amounts of swelling in the hands and face or pitting edema anywhere (pitting edema is wen you press on the swollen area with your thumb/finger and it stays indented when you remove your finger)
    naomianne2

Answer by naomianne2 at 2:01 PM on Apr. 6, 2009