haha im too nervous to ask to the doctor this today =P

I know i can get my membranes stripped...im like 38 weeks pregnant, almost 3cm dialated and almost (or might be) 100% effaced...

I know stripping the membranes isnt a 100% guarentee that ill go, into labor, but its a start...

I dont like to bug the doctors..lol..i went into preterm labor and i didnt wanna annoy them and call them tell them..

How can I woman up and ask him. im just afraid he's gonna say no, and lol i dont want to hear "no" (i know, if they say no i have to live with it) but im just nervous to hear "no"

how can i get rid of my nervs? ill feel soooooo stupid if he says no...

(i see him in about 20 minutes)

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:05 PM on Apr. 6, 2009 in Pregnancy

• whats stripping membranes? and you shouldnt be embarrased thats what they are there for answering questions so doesnt mater if you annoy them lol
    chukuku

Answer by chukuku at 1:10 PM on Apr. 6, 2009

• oh its when they like strip away your membranes on your cervix. it helps speed up labor or something like that...but its not 100% that it will work ASAP..for some it takes a week for it to work..and others it does nothing and for some it works that same day
    Anonymous

• When you get there, just before you want to ask, breathe in, and breathe out slowly, relaxing the whole time. Breathe in, breathe out. smile, and ask. So the doctor says no, nothing wrong with that, and at least you'll have tried.

Answer by Bmat at 1:13 PM on Apr. 6, 2009

• ill bug the shit outta them til they say yes! lmfao
    Anonymous

• Instead of asking him to do it say "When do you think I could get my membranes stripped?" and see what he says. If he says that he doesn't like to do that until 40 weeks then at least you'll know that he might say no if you asked. Chances are he'll say "Let's check you out and see if we can do it today!"

julipickle2

Answer by julipickle2 at 1:15 PM on Apr. 6, 2009

• okay so im going to the doctors right now! when i come back ill give an update so everyone knows what happened!
    Anonymous

• stripping your membranes is no gaurantee at all that it will put you into labor. you are not even close to being oveerdue until you are 42+ wks. By stripping the membranes you risk getting an infection. why force your baby to come before he/she is ready? That will cause more problems for both of you. Baby will come when baby is ready if you let him.
    hypersquirrel

Answer by hypersquirrel at 1:54 PM on Apr. 6, 2009

• Just ask. They usually wont say no unless you not far enough along. If your effaced and dilated then he will do it, just ask. I had my daughter 3 days after I got mine stripped.
    brailynsmama08

Answer by brailynsmama08 at 2:34 PM on Apr. 6, 2009