Do you make a list when you go grocery shopping?

And do you rather go grocery shopping by yourself or with the family. I like to go by myself because for some odd reason I get more than what I initially came for.

diamondmamma

Asked by diamondmamma at 1:11 PM on Apr. 6, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Yes, but I always forget it.
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 2:08 PM on Apr. 6, 2009

• Yes I make a list, if I do not then I forget something. I like to go by myself because like you I end up with more than what is on my list and I end up with things I do not buy like pop and ice cream.
    lapcounter

Answer by lapcounter at 1:13 PM on Apr. 6, 2009

• I absolutely make a list, and I prefer to go by myself, but lately my DD4 loves to come with me, I know I spend more when she comes for sure. I would NEVER shop with both of my kids with me, at least not until DS2 is a bit older.
    gramsmom

Answer by gramsmom at 1:13 PM on Apr. 6, 2009

• I have started making a list, but still forget stuff (mostly because it's not on the list). I haven't shopped alone in so long! I do like going with the family, but if the hubby wants to do it, that's fine by me, but I'm the one who gets off the list more than he does. He gets pretty much what I write down.
    mommystiebler

Answer by mommystiebler at 1:17 PM on Apr. 6, 2009

• I always make a list. Of all the things I have to remember, the grocery list is not a priority. I love going by myself. I don't mind taking my son. he's three so I usually grab a separate cart for him, and if he's good, then we will get a movie from the redbox for us to watch. I hate going with my husbnd. it always, always causes problems. He will question me about why I have something on the list, then gets made at me for telling him we are almost out. he seems to think we don't need something until after it is gone. Drives me insane. Then he will take the list so i cant see it and still ASK what is on the list and he gets mad (agian!) when i tell I DON"T KNOW you have the list. Which usually leads to a rant about why would bother writing a list if I was going to memorize it. Which makes him mad again... and me mad and its just a big old mess!
    Crystal1124

Answer by Crystal1124 at 1:22 PM on Apr. 6, 2009

• Yes but i always forget it in the car... So i try to wing it, an nope i hardly ever come out with what i went in for, and i dont normaly have what i need eather.. LOL
    HottMamaRossx2

Answer by HottMamaRossx2 at 1:29 PM on Apr. 6, 2009

• I never make a list...I always tell myself I should but do I ...no.
    jdbrown21

Answer by jdbrown21 at 1:49 PM on Apr. 6, 2009

• I do. I make a list of meals, then the shopping list below it. I always forget something, or they didn't have something. I'd rather go by myself, but sometimes I just can't. And sometimes I go when I'm starting to get hungry, which is a HUGE mistake. NEVER ever go food shopping on an empty stomach!
    Buffie95

Answer by Buffie95 at 2:01 PM on Apr. 6, 2009

• I always make a list , but usually it gets left home but I usually know what is needed... Since we are living on a very tight budget .... We don't get to buy anything but the basics , but I always treat the kids to at least 1 special new item every once in awhile ..... I like shopping by myself or with my kids , but I don't like going with my hubby he's always nagging me to hurry up . I like checking the labels on things ....
    jasmine73

Answer by jasmine73 at 2:01 PM on Apr. 6, 2009

• We make a list on the dry erase board during the week of things we use up or need, and before we go out, I take a picture of it with my phone and set it to the background.
    heydooney

Answer by heydooney at 2:06 PM on Apr. 6, 2009