I want to know from REAL moms not "infomercial" moms what they did to get rid of post baby belly

I know it's not like you do a couple of crunches and its gone.....It's been 9 months since I gave birth I'm 6 pounds away from pre baby weight ( I gained 100 pounds) <-- I know ridiculous! My belly is flat underneath the flab I just know it! It's a matter of what in the world do I do to get rid of the saggy nastiness...or is there anything?

I want to know what workouts everyday stay at home moms did that couldn't go to the gym. Did they work? What worked the best? how long did it take?? I know every woman is different I was just wondering

luvsgriffin

Asked by luvsgriffin at 1:22 PM on Apr. 6, 2009 in Diet & Fitness

• I hate to tell you this but I don't think it will ever be truly the same. Even with working out, I could feel my rock-hard abs under the saggy skin, but all the working out in the world doesn't make your skin change, just the muscles underneath. There are skin tightening creams that help some, and time helps most of all. It's always taken a couple years after I had a baby for the saggy skin to be diminished. My belly still doesn't look like it did before I had babies but I am happy with my body the way it is!
    riotgrrl

Answer by riotgrrl at 1:25 PM on Apr. 6, 2009

• use a gurdle? in spanish its faja its a thing that is tight or not depends but you rapp it around your stomach and it makes you sweat becasue of the fabric or plastic i wore the tight ones when i was done with my pregnancie and i wear the others to sweat i dont have a super flat stomach but if i stand straight and suck it in a little its ok
    chukuku

Answer by chukuku at 1:28 PM on Apr. 6, 2009

• i eat 1200 cals a day and i really work out hard. i take the baby for a run every day and do alot of crucnhes! good luck
    Cara356

Answer by Cara356 at 1:29 PM on Apr. 6, 2009

• also. i know going to thr hym is hard for you, do you have the wii? thr wii fit really helps
    Cara356

Answer by Cara356 at 1:30 PM on Apr. 6, 2009

• Breastfeeding was what helped me the most- but I also didn't gain a lot. just 24-34 pounds.

it'll take tiime and lots on consistancy- working out daily, drinking lots of water, eating right, etc...
    walking, biking riding, dancing, crunches, pilates, etc......

and we are never totally the same afterr giving birth- unless maaybe you have plastic surgery, a personal trainer, and your own chef.
    Kiter

Answer by Kiter at 1:45 PM on Apr. 6, 2009

• I just had to comment that I found "informercial" mom's crack very funny. I find it annoying too...ask a question and ten moms pop up with their "miracle" solution, and a home business too!
    Anonymous

• Tummy tuck. After gaining that much weight your belly will never naturaly be as it once was. I'm starting a tummy tuck fund for myself... along with the new bobbies lol. I'm within 10 pouns or so of my preprego weight, everything but right under my belly button has gone down. So even at 137 pounds I'm still wearing an 8. Certain cuts a 6. but before baby at this weight i could wear a 4/6.... 1000 transverse ab crunchs a day worked after my first, but nothing seems to be doing the trick after my second. I guess i also havent been doing a thousand of them a day this time around, just not enough time.....
    Vanessannd

Answer by Vanessannd at 3:09 PM on Apr. 6, 2009

• I'm doing the 1200 cal diet too. I lost about 10 lbs in 5 weeks. You will get there soon don't give up.
    JCRestoredme

Answer by JCRestoredme at 12:11 AM on Apr. 7, 2009

• My doctor told me the only way to actually loose belly fat is to do situps. No if an's or but's about it.
    ronjwake

Answer by ronjwake at 2:22 AM on Apr. 7, 2009

• Nada thing you can do about sagginess...(working out wise) I gained 50lbs with my lil one. Was left with alot of extra skin after losing all the weight. I resorted to an abdominalplasty(tummy tuck) and that not only got rid of my extra skin but most my stretchmarks. They also went in and tightened my stomach muscles and attached them back to my abdominal walls. They get torn away during pregnancy and thats why we are all left with that pooch that wont go away. I would do a tummy tuck again in a heartbeat. Only downfall is you have a long scar from hip-to-hip However it not visiible through bikini underwear they do the incision really low.
    misswhite

Answer by misswhite at 2:37 PM on Apr. 7, 2009