Has anyone ever had a pregnancy with an IUD?

I have had my IUD for about 2 years and I have had really normal periods. I am late with my current period and I am experiencing feelings that I had from my first pregnancy, like being able to smell really well. Anyways I am not sure and will probably take an in home test. But I am really scared that if I was then I would lose the baby because of the IUD. Has anyone experienced a pregnancy with an IUD? What happened?

wendydeb7

Asked by wendydeb7 at 1:33 PM on Apr. 6, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I got pregnant in February with an IUD in place. You need to find out because if you are pregnant you will need to get the IUD removed ASAP. There is a chance of miscarriage when it is removed, I just had a little light cramping for a couple hours, no bleeding and did not have a miscarriage. Your doc will also want to do an ultrasound to make sure it is not an ectopic pregnancy as it is somewhat more likely with an IUD.

Most women who do concieve on an IUD go on to have normal healthy pregnancies. Once we got over the shock, we're very excited to be having our baby in November. Take a test and just go from there. Good luck mama.
    riotgrrl

Answer by riotgrrl at 1:39 PM on Apr. 6, 2009