Does anyone out there ever feel this way?

You sum peolple up before meeting by the kind of car they drive? Like when I see a mom at school who I dont know driving a brand new Land Rover I think to myself - yah, ya snob we know you have money. Or if I see a mom in a really crappy car with like no muffler, I think alittle bit - dirtball - then I feel bad for them and then thankful its not me. And a minivan I think - good mom.What would you think about a mom in a nice Volvo wagon? And does anyone else think to themselves the same way?

I am going to post anon cuz I am a little embarrased I do this.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:41 PM on Apr. 6, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Everyone is judgemental. People can claim they're not but they're liars. Everyone judges everyone else by not only what they drive but what clothes they where, how their hair looks, how their children are dressed, etc. That's just life.

A Volvo wagon huh? Well, the brand Volvo is nice so I would think that the woman behind the wheel is doing OK financially and is the typical soccer mom. I categorize wagons with mini vans. LOL

Let's make this into a game!

What would you think about a mom driving a Dodge Charger?

vnw1405

Answer by vnw1405 at 1:49 PM on Apr. 6, 2009

• Haha.. judging people is somethign that everyone does. I don't really do it about the cars they drive as much as the way they dress and the clothes they wear.. I drive a nice car, but I don't have money.. haha..
    Anonymous

• I don't judge by what they drive but how they dress. I try not to but I just can't help it. If a mother comes into a child's school dressed skanky, it tells me that she doesn't care about herself.
    Anonymous

• I don't judge by the car. I'm sure I judge on other things, sadly it's human nature. But not on the car issue. Anyone can lease a car and be a total scumbag.
    Anonymous

• i judge people by how they talk or how they walk the cloths not so much but the way they walk and their face expressions and how they talk i would like to take a class to be like the criminal minds group lol
    chukuku

Answer by chukuku at 1:47 PM on Apr. 6, 2009

• I have those tendancies. Even though I shouldn't. We drive a relatively older car, although our muffler is in tact and it's clean and runs okay... but when I see mom's driving cars with peeling paint and rattling the whole way, it's hard not to make a snap judgement. In some ways I feel people may do that to me. I live in a small house in a neighborhood that isn't the worst but also not the fanciest...so I feel that people, if given the chance, would see me, see that I'm a young mom and assume I am on welfare, uneducated, etc... I am in fact about to start school and I am well on my way in my career so far even BEFORE school and my hubby is as well. We aren't on assistance either. And yet, I catch myself making snap assumptions about others. Human beings are a hypocritical race! I guess now that we see we are like this, we can work to change...eh?
    ErinHill226

Answer by ErinHill226 at 1:50 PM on Apr. 6, 2009

• I try not to be judgemental, but it happens sometimes... but I don't judge about cars. How someone dresses or talks or carries themself, but not their cars.
    Crystal1124

Answer by Crystal1124 at 1:53 PM on Apr. 6, 2009

• Dodge - charger = PARTY ON MOM!!!! LOL:)
    Anonymous

• iTS SO FUNNY - I drive a kick ass SUV and we dont have a pot to piss in = go figure???? LOL
    Anonymous

• Good question! It really calls us out and makes us think about our actions. I do things like that without realizing I am doing it. When ladies ask these questions it really makes a person think about how they are standing in judgement of others. I don't want to be the kind of person that judges others based on car, clothes, money, etc.. sometimes it takes someone asking these questions for us to realize our errors. Like ErinHill226 said.. now that we see it, we can work on changing it.

Tzutchka

Answer by Tzutchka at 2:01 PM on Apr. 6, 2009