Does pee make a sty go away

heretogrow

Asked by heretogrow at 1:54 PM on Apr. 6, 2009 in Health

• Um...that's not something I would try. I have heard that a wet teabag is supposed to be good for that.
    Anonymous

• I grew up with styes constantly. You wash the eye with johnson&johnson baby soap a couple of times a day. wet warm washcloth compress helps. and if you need it your doctor can prescribe an topical anitbiotic. please dont put pee in your eye it can create more infection and not to mention that just gross.
    hypersquirrel

Answer by hypersquirrel at 2:04 PM on Apr. 6, 2009

• If you have to put a bodily fluid in your eye... please go with breastmilk! It clears up eye infections and styes (it's antibacterial and antiviral) and is not going to possibly cause a worse problem than it's trying to fix.
    Collinsky

Answer by Collinsky at 2:10 PM on Apr. 6, 2009

• i cannot believe you people are actually answering this ? obviously a troll. oh and since when is breastmilk a cure for eye infections? or a cure for any infection? pleaseeeee
    Anonymous

• THE PERSON WHO ANSWERED BACK SO RUDE YOU SHOULD NOT EVEN BE ON HERE IT IS A PLACE WHERE YOU ASK QUESTIONS FOR HELP IT ONT MATTER WHAT KIND OF QUESTION IT IS
    brianna77

Answer by brianna77 at 2:26 PM on Apr. 6, 2009

• Um, NO!!! I get styes all the time and you need to be very careful with them because if they don't pop or go away, they can cause bigger issues. Go to the doctor and have your eye checked out. A stye is a puss filled pimple in your eye, it needs to pop to get the puss out. Take a wet washcloth (as hot as you can stand it) and massage your eye every couple of hours until it pops. If it doesn't pop in a few days go to the doctor and have them pop it.

Seriously, why would you even put anything like pee in your eye?

Answer by tyfry7496 at 3:47 PM on Apr. 6, 2009

• >>>i cannot believe you people are actually answering this ? obviously a troll. oh and since when is breastmilk a cure for eye infections? or a cure for any infection? pleaseeeee<<<

LOL! Are you serious? It clears it up in a day and a half, easily. It is helpful, and more soothing to the eye than saline solution.

"Breastmilk has been used by mothers (probably for many years) to treat infectious conjunctivitis. Secretory IgA is an immunoglobulin, present in colostrum and mature human milk. It has been found to inhibit the adherence or bacteria to mucosal surfaces and limits bacterial colonization of the eye. " Debbi Donovan, IBCLC

Also see http://www.kellymom.com/health/illness/healing-breastmilk.html for more links to research and studies that are being done or have been completed. Anon, it's called RESEARCH.

The pee in the eye thing is an old folk remedy that this mama has probably heard. I'm betting not a troll.
    Collinsky

Answer by Collinsky at 4:43 PM on Apr. 6, 2009

• I have heard of pee clearing up acne, but pee for a sty is new to me.
    Anonymous