Has anyone had this happen to them...

I have been trying to lose wieght for 15 months. Well, all of a sudden out of the blue I seem to be losing it doing nothing. Yeah, I am exercising (Back to Bollywood dvd I have been doing) and chasing around a 18 month old (nothing new). I am losing 1 to 2 lbs every weeks. I just find it wierd after all that I have done to try to lose wieght it has started just melting off.

SandraBeth

Asked by SandraBeth at 1:55 PM on Apr. 6, 2009 in Diet & Fitness

• If you've been working out your body is adjusting to burning more fat, calories and your metabolism heightens. Your body will start to burn fat when you do nothing, or burn twice more fat when you exercise. You will hit a plateau, but you can switch up the exercises and it will help.

PinkDiamond717

Answer by PinkDiamond717 at 10:32 PM on Apr. 6, 2009

• Thats how its always worked for me. I would work out for about 6 months before i started showing results (loosing about as much as you did) but when i started that if i could keep up the work out then i would keep loosing weight that fast. If i stopped for a week or two then i would have to work that 6 months all over again.
    SpiritedTigress

Answer by SpiritedTigress at 2:17 PM on Apr. 6, 2009

• I did that back in highschool. After I went off my official "diet" or I would go through a phase where I'd be eating a little more, but kept up with the workouts, I would still lose weight...sometimes fasther than when I ate less. I think eating a little more every now and then tricks your body into thinking it has to burn that many calories every day, so then combined with the exercise, the few days a week you DON'T eat very much from being busy, not hungry, forgetting to eat cuz you are chasing a toddler... you are still burning the "high calorie" day numbers. Staying with your work out is simply keeping your metabolism at an optimum level so you can afford to not work so hard and still get results. Jealous? Yes, yes I am.
    ErinHill226

Answer by ErinHill226 at 2:50 PM on Apr. 6, 2009

• once you get your metabolism jump started it is great watching the lbs melt off. Just don't get discouraged when you hit a plateau. Just keep it up! Congrats!

Answer by admckenzie at 6:56 PM on Apr. 6, 2009