North Korea?

Are they a socialist country or a democracy?They say they are a democratic nation but then say they are socialist. How can you be a democracy and socialist.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:55 PM on Apr. 6, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• Anyone can say they are a democracy, but that requires elections. N K's "president" has been dead for 15 years and is not going to be replaced any time soon.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 1:59 PM on Apr. 6, 2009

• Holy lack of education.

Where to begin. You can be a socialist country and be a democracy. The US is a capitalist republic.

You can have socialism and democracy.

North Korea, despite their claims of being a republic is more of a totalitarian Dictatorship. (Stalinist).
    Anonymous

• Ok there was no need to be rude to the questioner. I can't stand rude, judgmental people on CafeMom! You suck! AND if you don't have the guts to say something rude without being annonymous then you shouldn't be on here!

North Korea is a dictatorship. They don't call themselves that, but that's what it is. I don't think they are socialist, either! It's just another word they throw around.
    4kidsandadog

Answer by 4kidsandadog at 2:18 PM on Apr. 6, 2009

• I THINK IF PEOPLE ARE GOING TO BE RUDE WHEN ANSWERING A QUESTION THEN THEY SHOULD NOT BE ALOUD TO BE ON HERE IT IS CALLED CAFEMOM FOR A REASON WE ARE ALL IN THE SAME BOAT AND A QUESTION IS JUST THAT YOU DONT HAVE TO ANSWER YOU CAN MOVE ON TO THE NEXT QUESTION INSTEAD OF BEING SO RUDE TO SOMEBODY
    brianna77

Answer by brianna77 at 2:23 PM on Apr. 6, 2009

============================

Hi pot, meet kettle.

Anonymous

• http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/North_Korea
    Anonymous

• I wasn't calling the OP stupid and I don't think I was being rude.

I think there is a severe lack of actual education in our country and this question is proof.

Though, I'm not very surprised. I see so many people toss the word socialism around without knowing what it is.

The U.S economy is a capitalist one. Then there is Socialism and communism.

Socialism and communism get confused. In a lot of cases when people talk about socialism they are really talking about communism.

North Korea is communist dictatorship. With communism everyone is supposed to be economically equal, but it's not the case.

Socialism everyone would be equal and working together to help the community. You can have a democratic socialist country.
    Anonymous

• I THINK IF PEOPLE ARE GOING TO BE RUDE WHEN ANSWERING A QUESTION THEN THEY SHOULD NOT BE ALOUD TO BE ON HERE IT IS CALLED CAFEMOM FOR A REASON WE ARE ALL IN THE SAME BOAT AND A QUESTION IS JUST THAT YOU DONT HAVE TO ANSWER YOU CAN MOVE ON TO THE NEXT QUESTION INSTEAD OF BEING SO RUDE TO SOMEBODY ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A long rant all in caps, with no punctuation shouldnt be ALLOWED either. 

Anonymous

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Heh!
    Anonymous

• It is a dictatorship, but don't tell them, they still think they are allowed to vote over there.
    When the military marches with only straight legs, there is a problem.
    akinbottom2

Answer by akinbottom2 at 3:15 PM on Apr. 6, 2009