Is it ok to tell a girl shes going to get raped?

Ok so im watching Tough Love on VH1 and theres one girl who is very sexual and flirty. (If you watch that show and you saw the last episode you know what im talking about) The host relationship expert guy told her that if she keeps acting that way around men that she is going to put herself in a position to get raped or assaulted.

Do you think its right for him to say that? Do you think girls that put themselves "out there" like that are at higher risk of getting sexually taken advantage of?

(I put it under entertainment since this question was influenced by a show)

AdensMommy1107

Asked by AdensMommy1107 at 2:01 PM on Apr. 6, 2009 in Entertainment

• I do, your playing with fire and you will eventually get burned by some guy that's tired of playing!!!
    Anonymous

• I think I know the girl your talking about.... but haven't seen the episode yet. I think you can put yourself in scary situations some women seem to be very trusting right from the start... and holy do those ladies drink! Getting that intoxicated can have a role in things like that.... as for how slutty a gal is I just don't know I think the same girl said she has been with 300 plus men... that doesn't sound like a whole lot of saying 'no'.
    mizsaxton

Answer by mizsaxton at 2:09 PM on Apr. 6, 2009

• I don't believe that the way a women dresses, acts, talks should give anyone the right to say that she's going to get raped or assaulted. It's sad and disgusting that girls and women have to be careful that their clothing or promiscuous ways might give some disgusting freak thoughts of rapeing them or assaulting them. However, with that being said, It is our responsability as a female to take care and respect ourselves and always use caution when it comes to men. Be smart and don't put yourself in a situation that may cause you harm.
    geminisummerz

Answer by geminisummerz at 2:10 PM on Apr. 6, 2009

• well it would her at higher risk in my opinion doesnt make it right either way on the other hand in october i was robbed and molested by some one i knew and i never gave him anything never made myself even seem the least bit interested treated him like everyone else and when he did this i was asleep in my bed so i guess im answering yes and no (if any of this made sense lol)
    Anonymous

• I think a young woman does need to be mindful of the kind of attention she's attracting.
    cpyrrha

Answer by cpyrrha at 2:14 PM on Apr. 6, 2009

• I think he is right and is wanting her to be aware of her actions. I actually just watched the episode and she is putting herself out there in a way that is extremely suggestive. She is rubbing a mans penis and she just met him. I am not saying she deserves to be raped but her actions are misleading and anyone can pick up on how sexual she is and it doesn't matter if she says no at that point because she is acting like a door knob in the bar so why can't everyone have a turn at her? She is setting herself up to be hurt physically because her behavior is noticed by all and at some point a man wont care that she says no because she does go over board.
    brailynsmama08

Answer by brailynsmama08 at 2:15 PM on Apr. 6, 2009

• I THINK IF YOU PUT YOURSELF OUT THERE LIKE THAT THEN SOONER OR LATER YOUR GOING TO GET IT BY THE WRONG GUY NOT ALL OF THEM ARE GOING TO LET YOU WALK BUT IANYWAYS I DONT THINK HE HAD TO SAY IT LIKE THAT HE COULD HAVE WENT ABOUT IT DIFFERENT THAN HE DID THERE IS A DIFFERENCE BETWEEN MESSING AROUND AND TAKING IT TO FAR
    brianna77

Answer by brianna77 at 2:19 PM on Apr. 6, 2009

• I think it is okay to tell a girl to stay away from certain situations, but to say it is because of their appearance is horrible.

That is why so many rape victims think that it is their fault, when it is really not any one's fault except the pervert who raped her.
    MandyOs

Answer by MandyOs at 2:23 PM on Apr. 6, 2009

• I agree with MandyO. I live in florida and provocative behavior and clothing is a way of life down here. rape is a CRIME , NOT a sexual act.
    writeon

Answer by writeon at 2:58 PM on Apr. 6, 2009

• Ok what is nice and real life don't always mesh .
    My neighbor girl dressed very provocative and would jump into a car full of guys one was supposed to be a boyfriend .
    Saddly no one was surprised when she was gang raped. Sympathetic and horrified , but not surprised.
    CSRodriguez

Answer by CSRodriguez at 3:10 PM on Apr. 6, 2009