What can you do about a low sex drive?

I have a low sex drive and its really hurting my marriage! I totally love my husband and i really want this to change! I stay at home and by the end of the day all i want is a lil peace and quite and some me time because i surely get none during the day! This is selfish of me! I dont know what to do! I talked about this to my dr after we had our last baby a year ago and he didnt say much about it! now i have no health insurance and i cant go back to the dr! Please help with some advice!

cortneydmorris

Asked by cortneydmorris at 2:02 PM on Apr. 6, 2009 in Health

• This is tough b/c it could be physical or it could be mental/emotional reasons for not having sex. Are you still physical w/ your DH in other ways? Hand holding, cuddling, hugging? Does intercourse hurt? Sometimes for me when I am having a one of those days when I am just not into it or wanting it, ususally if I just do it, I enjoy myself and am always glad that I did after. Is there a clinic around that you could visit for free or very low cost?
    I hope that you get this straightened out and I don't think you are being selfish, you are only human.
    Best of luck :)
    wendyb27

Answer by wendyb27 at 2:10 PM on Apr. 6, 2009

• HELLO I KNOW HOW YOU FEEL I AM THE SAME WAY AND IT IS HURTING MY MARRIAGE BUT ALL YOU CAN DO IS TELL HIM YOU DO LOVE HIM I AM STILL LOST ON WHAT TO DO TO CAUSE MY LITTLE BOY IS NON STOP UNTILL ABOUT 2 IN THE MORNING AND BY THE TIME I GET HIS SISTER DOWN IT IS 9 THEN HIM AND I FEEL LIKE I AM DEAD THERE IS JUST NOT ENOUGH TIME TO PLEASE EVERYONE IS THE WAY I STARTED LOOKING AT IT THEY NEED TO UNDERSTAND TO HOW WE FEEL
    brianna77

Answer by brianna77 at 2:13 PM on Apr. 6, 2009

• When you are able to see a doctor, ask about your thyroid. For women, this can be a common source of this problem. Otherwise, it could also be a dryness, which can cause you to lose lubrication which makes it uncomfortable.
    lifeasinoit

Answer by lifeasinoit at 2:39 PM on Apr. 6, 2009

• Tell him it would be easier for you to get in the mood if you had you time to relax. Ask him to help when he gets home so you can go get a pedicure, or soak in the tub with some candels and read a book. A good afternoon of me time always seems to put me in better mood, which in turn allows me to be receptive when hubby tries to get some. I have also found that just giving in and sayign sure lets have a quickie can get me in the mood even if i didn't want one to start with. I had to make an actual effort to have sex with him everyother day after I had my first, after about a week or so I started to really enjoy it again, the closeness of being with him. And thats what hes looking for from you, he's trying to be close and connect, so you just have to try to. Sex is a big part of any successful relationship.
    Vanessannd

Answer by Vanessannd at 2:42 PM on Apr. 6, 2009