Iron out to clean bottles

So we have really irony water, and the bottols are starting to get a tint to them. Can i put a little iron out in the dishwater and let them sit for a few minutes then rinse them and run them through the dishwasher. Will they be safe to use. I tried bleach but it didn't work. I have used iron out on clothes, and in cleaning but never on dishes. It says you can on the container but i am not sure about the baby bottles. Has anyone every used it?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:14 PM on Apr. 6, 2009 in Home & Garden

• I would only use this if you run them through the dishwasher afterward and rinse well. It is very caustic and poisonous and you don't want to risk leaving any in the bottles. Have you tried soaking in vinegar or lemon juice?
    FlyMom07

Answer by FlyMom07 at 4:14 PM on Apr. 6, 2009

• ...also. Do you use Jet Dry? I have the same problem. Jet dry works to keep down stains.
    FlyMom07

Answer by FlyMom07 at 4:15 PM on Apr. 6, 2009

• yes, i do use jet dry, but i don't use my dishwasher very often because it takes so long to get a full load. I usually just hand wash them in the sink.. But thought i would run them through the dishwasher with soap if i use the iron out.
    Anonymous

• Good idea...or you could go to Wal Mart and buy new bottles. They are so cheap nowadays - the iron out is probably more expensive.
    FlyMom07

Answer by FlyMom07 at 8:10 AM on Apr. 7, 2009