Markers on dolls, and little girls who won't learn.

Here's the thing, I have an 8 yr old that wants to put markers on her dolls her sisters dolls etc, Ie (makeup using markers) How would you get them to stop, and any suggestion to save the dolls, one is real expensive collector doll, I want to kill her this AM, I wanted to give my daughter some dolls I have, to put in her new room, (she will be getting her own room soon) but that's not going to happen if she can stop ruining them..

Dare2Bme71

Asked by Dare2Bme71 at 2:14 PM on Apr. 6, 2009 in General Parenting

• I know that Oxy Blemish cream the kind that has benzol peroxide removes Marker and pen ink from barbie dolls but I am not sure about any other kind : /
    koolest_mom_of4

Answer by koolest_mom_of4 at 2:22 PM on Apr. 6, 2009

• Buy her the crayola markers that only work on crayola paper. My DD was 7 at the time and had watched beetle juice with her older siblings and started drawing doors on the walls around the house to get beetle juice to come out.... we wanted to beat her LOL. We switched out her markers for those crayola ones and that seemed to do the trick.
    Another thought, maybe you can buy her a Barbie Head she can do hair and make up to so that she doesn't do it on her dolls. By this age they really should no better, and listen to us when we tell them not to do something... although its more often easier said then done.
    Vanessannd

Answer by Vanessannd at 2:27 PM on Apr. 6, 2009

• I have locked up every pen, pencil, marker, crayon, scissors, glue, and paper in the house because of problems like this. You cannot stop her from doing it so you need to get rid of the markers.
    kemclaughlin

Answer by kemclaughlin at 2:52 PM on Apr. 6, 2009

• Take away all coloring materials and all her dolls until she is ready to use them properly. Get her the Crayola markers that only work on the special paper. I believe they are called Color Wonder--there are markers and paints.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 3:06 PM on Apr. 6, 2009

• Don't give her expensive dolls you want to collect. Let her color on her baby dolls if she wants. Let her see it doesn't come off and she'll have to live with it. My daughter has plenty of colored on dolls. She still plays with them.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 3:47 PM on Apr. 6, 2009

• Take away the markers.

If she can't use them right, she shouldn't use them. When my 13 year old was about that age she had a thing with stickers. She put stickers EVERYWHERE!! She was banned from stickers for a looong time. She is 13 now, and finally understands where stickers go.
    mommyaunt412

Answer by mommyaunt412 at 4:47 PM on Apr. 6, 2009