What do you think of the new cloth diapers??

I'm seriously considering starting to cloth diaper... I plan on having more kids so I think that economically it could be a good idea, plus help the environment! Any pros and cons you'd have would be a great help! I'm trying to convince my husband that it wouldn't be that much of a hassle... He's worried about the traveling part of it...

mamastevens

Asked by mamastevens at 2:21 PM on Apr. 6, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I used the old fashioned cloth diapers, while traveling I just used disposables.
    Anonymous

• never used them..dont they leak through them?!? my brain is wrapped around that thought.
    tnteaton

Answer by tnteaton at 2:31 PM on Apr. 6, 2009

• Leaking really isn't any issue from what I've heard and read... They have come A LONG way... no more safety pins and such... My mom used them on me when they were the old school way, now they have snaps and liners - not just plastic/rubber pants over the cloth part!
    mamastevens

Answer by mamastevens at 2:35 PM on Apr. 6, 2009

• We started use cloth diapers because my Grandma wanted me to try them. We have bumGenius Cloth Diaper 3.0 they are not bad right now my baby is only 6 months so the dirty diapers are not really bad yet, but soon I think it might not be worth it unless you get the spray to help clean them off the poop. As far as traveling goes we use disposables diapers if we are not at home. There are  a lot of different brands with a lot of different reviews on website like Diapers.com or Amazon. Hope this helps

Kerrkitti

Answer by Kerrkitti at 3:14 PM on Apr. 6, 2009

• They are great! We've using them for two years. ANd no, they don't leak in general.
    Pauline3283

Answer by Pauline3283 at 3:15 PM on Apr. 6, 2009

• Also, we use cloth when we travel as well. I just put the dirties in bag(ziplock or grocery, I used to have a cute PUL wetbag with a zipper) and close it.
    Pauline3283

Answer by Pauline3283 at 3:18 PM on Apr. 6, 2009

• we use bumgenius 3.0 here. my son is almost 9 months and we haven't had a leak yet. they are fairly easy to clean, mine still look pretty much brand new. for travel, i have a drawstring bag to keep the dirty ones in, then clean them once i get home. i haven't found it to be a hassle at all. it is a bit of an investment at first, the ones i have are $22 a piece. i bought 6 of each size. but in the long run i am saving alot of money and a lot of waste.
    jcsmummy

Answer by jcsmummy at 3:50 PM on Apr. 6, 2009

• We use cloth for our 12 month old daughter and 2 year old son and I love them.
    Ashley53

Answer by Ashley53 at 5:38 PM on Apr. 6, 2009