Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

How to deal with this, so pissed off!

Ok, my son is having trouble in school with bullies, not really abig deal (even though it is) but the bigger problem is that the counselor and principal wont do anything about it because the one kid has ADHD and his mom has already threatened togo to the schoiol board because they are picking on him and he cant help his behavior. Well my son keeps gettig bruises and stuff on his arms and legs from being hit and kicked by these 2 kids, who the school calls "border line special needs" (I really don't think ADHD is special needs, especially wen they are medicated for it). Well Ihave afriend in a teacher up there too that told me to call the school board and report it, that hey will help things out and be discreet about it too. So I called the school board, and left amesage for the asistant superintendant to call me back, left a brief message with the receptionist about what it was concerning, (cont in answers)


Asked by AK_aries at 2:32 PM on Apr. 6, 2009 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

Level 6 (115 Credits)
This question is closed.
Answers (19)
  • I completely agree with anonymous. If that kid's problems are that severe that they won't even discipline him, he needs to be in a class where he and the other students will be safe. I understand the other mom defending her son, but she's being a bit hypocritical. I'm sure if it were her son who was being bullied by a kid who couldn't control himself she would do everything she could to protect him. At any rate, whatever you decide, this is YOUR son, you as a mother need to defend that little boy with all you've got. If he doesn't have you, who else is there, ya know?

    Answer by mommabeth15 at 2:47 PM on Apr. 6, 2009

  • And that I didnt want my sons name brought up and there were alot more details and I needed to hear from him before he called the school. Also my friend told me that the teacher in that class has been hit and kicked and there have been staplers and pencils thrown at her and some of the other kids, with no reprucusions from the principal and the counselor. So I get acall from the principal at the school, telling me that she heard from afriend of hers at the cervice center that I needed to talk to her and she knows about my son telling me things trying to get her into trouble and she thinks that he is lying abou tsome stuff. I KNOW HE ISN'T, HE CANT LIE ABOUT BRUISES, and his teacher tells me that yeah he was hit on the days he says it happened. So I called the service center back and the guy I left amessage for is still gone. I am pissed. So do I throw a fit over the whole thing, or just ignore it cause I already (cont.)

    Answer by AK_aries at 2:36 PM on Apr. 6, 2009

  • that they will call her first before they even get the whole story. I am so pised about this. There is a reason I took it a step higher to the school board, and it should have been delt weith there instead of havuing the principal call me again. And now I am sure things are going to be far worse for my son too. Help and advice please.

    Answer by AK_aries at 2:37 PM on Apr. 6, 2009

  • Contact the police. If the school wont do anything and if the school board is just going to refer you back to the school, then there is not much left. Bruises are proof that there is something going on, and regardless of whether or not the other kid has adhd he shouldnt be allowed to act like that. If he is going to be that way then he needs to be moved to a special class.

    Answer by Anonymous at 2:40 PM on Apr. 6, 2009

  • I thought about contacting the news, thats what my mom suggested. But then I am pretty much gauranteeing that I need to move my kids schools next year to get faire treatment for them if I go that far. What would you do? I think I probably should move them anyway. The principal is one of those, she has been there 18 years and doesnt want to change anything because thats how she has always done it and shes not gonna change now.

    Answer by AK_aries at 2:44 PM on Apr. 6, 2009

  • definitely contact the police if they aren't doing anything about it. take photos of the bruises and keep written reports of what, where, and when happened to cause them.

    Answer by Anonymous at 2:45 PM on Apr. 6, 2009

  • yeah, that is definitely assault. you should contact the police.

    Answer by Anonymous at 2:46 PM on Apr. 6, 2009

  • i agree with the pp go to the police even if you drop the charges later the school will HAVE to do something about it it is assult and battery no matter where or when it's happeneing

    Answer by emtmommyamanda at 2:48 PM on Apr. 6, 2009

  • oh and I completely agree with contacting the police. I think the child's parents, the teacher (even though she has been a victim she still has a responsibility of protecting your child), the principal, and the school board should all be held accountable for every single bruise your son has EVER received from that little boy. If he can't help himself, he should have never been placed in a regular classroom.

    Answer by mommabeth15 at 2:49 PM on Apr. 6, 2009

  • I agree with Anon. What would happen if someone called CPS on you because of all the bruises, and the school denied involvement? Keep a journal of all your conversations (when & with whom you spoke), and pictures and dates of the bruises along with how & when they occured and whether or not anyone was punished. Maybe you can eventually get someone's attention. I hope so for your dear son's sake.

    Answer by doodlebopfan at 2:50 PM on Apr. 6, 2009